Worn and issued Dachau M43 SS Panzer cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worn and issued Dachau M43 SS Panzer cap

I bought this here a while ago and had always intended to put a trapezoid back on it but my collecting interests are drifting into other areas now. I will be looking to sell this in the coming days and so thought I would post it here for some positive opinions before selling for buyers confidence. It shows good honest wear including symetrical wear marks on either side where headphones have been worn. PS. I am using the photos which I originaly purchased the cap with
    Attached Files

Last pics
    Attached Files

Comment

Atypical at best (imho)

Comment

Worn and issued

Do not put a trapazoid back on it. It will just bring bad comments, later on.
        You might not get it perfect.
        Non-messed with pieces are your best bet.
        mikeburch

Comment

Originally posted by mikeburch View Post
          Do not put a trapazoid back on it. It will just bring bad comments, later on.
          You might not get it perfect.
          Non-messed with pieces are your best bet.
          mikeburch
          You could always put a metal skull on it if a replacement trap is too difficult to attach properly
          Attached Files
          Last edited by NickG; 10-08-2014, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Can I please ask for opinions as to what price I should offer it for sale at ? Regards. Jim

Comment

Waffen44,
              Nice cap! So a previous comment said "atypical". Ok, we all have opinions. It's my opinion that it is typical late war Dachau made cap. I've never seen one in condition like yours. The one I own is an unissued example with trapezoid insignia (BeVo). I can respect the opinion to not sew a replacement on there, but if you find the embroidered example of insignia in similar condition, you could always just display them together. Just a thought. The unissued caps with insignia are typically selling from $1800-$2300 in today's market. Although a combat worn example should bring at least that much, if not more, it's hard to say what this one could go for missing the insignia. My comment may bring dispute, but it's value to me would be $500-$600. Best to you, Dan

Comment

It is original and indicative of the late war shoddy quality of German material. It appears to have never had insignia applied to it. Is there any indication of this? If not, it may have been one of the many military articals of uniform worn after the war by civilians, who wore whatever they could find.

CB

Comment

Dachau M43

If I was looking for this type of cap I"d keep looking . This piece at some point had a hand stitched fake bevo trap on it

__________________________________________________ ___________
                  Cheers Steve
                  Last edited by SJP; 10-13-2014, 11:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP View Post
                    If I was looking for this type of cap I"d keep looking . This piece at some point had a

hand stitched bevo (fake) trap on it .(Just my opinion)
                    __________________________________________________ ___________
                    Cheers Steve
                    Sir just courios did you has seen this one befor with fake trap sewn?

Comment

Originally posted by HAF View Post
                      Sir just courios did you has seen this one befor with fake trap sewn?
                      Yes ...I had one
                      __________________________________________________ _
                      Cheers Steve

Comment

The cap has a visible difference in the wear / nap of the wool where a trapeziod has been on it and removed .

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,722 at 03:33 AM on Today.

Working...
                        X