UniformsNSDAP

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HANDSCHAR FEZ in RED, STRIPPED, FOR REVIEW...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HANDSCHAR FEZ in RED, STRIPPED, FOR REVIEW...

Hello folks! Found this amongst a larger lot of various "stuff". Stripped, unfortunately, of its insignia, however, my question is that of originality? Does this appear to be a period piece in this configuration? Deep maroon wool, black tassel w/ short red woolen "base", leather sweatband, machine stitched to the inner circumference, only a size "58" stamp, otherwise, void of markings. You can clearly see the outline of the black thread on the exterior where the eagle and Totenkopf USED to be, however on the inside the same outline appears in lighter, RED thread. Any feedback would be appreciated. Some photos below. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Hi!

Absolutely 100% original for sure! Same as mine, found 20 years ago between the red cross collect…

Sleep smooth dream on it!

Best,
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Wow, that was fast! Thank you. I actually had one come to me at a local flea market many years ago, a field gray version. This is probably the first one I've had since then. If it's period, off to the E-stand it goes! Hopefully someone can restore it w/ a set of original insignia.

Comment

agree with fred,good item, the red thread is 100% worth the 100uk mark stripped{in todays climate}

Comment

Thank you. Will more than likely go up on Estand soon. Thank you gents for vetting this item for me.

Comment

I have a similar one, also stripped, with red thread inside and black thread remnants on the outside.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X