SS Jewelry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Jewelry

A friend just sent this to me. It had been in a collection for decades. I have never seen anything like it.

There is glue residue on the reverse from a display board. I will have to dig out my close up lens to get a better photo of the marking, on the reverse.

Is this a fantasy or something made during the period?

Bob Hritz
    Attached Files
    In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Looks like something a Hells-Angel would wear
    Regards
    David

Comment

Fantasy piece surely ??

Comment

Hmm..there is a tree of life pattern woven into the oak leaves just as known from other period SS cultural pieces - and it surely is very old.

I would not dismiss it as a postwar phantasy piece so quickly.

Comment

Thorsten, you see runes in everything! Those are just leaf nerves

Comment

looking at the hallmark and design..fantasy item.
            would a young girl like to wear this around her neck? would this be a nice gift from a soldier to his young love to show her your love?...nope
            that skull face scares the sh**t out of me...looks more like a Hanibal Lector mask

Comment

Helpful literature!

Originally posted by Dmv View Post
              Thorsten, you see runes in everything! Those are just leaf nerves
              You should have a closer look at the design and ornaments carried out on SS wooden and SS wrought iron cultural pieces as well.

Just to name two examples:

Regarding the SS-Sippenschrein from SS-Obergruppenführer Heinrich Schmauser published via the following period article:

Weber, Dr. H., Volkstum im Handwerk - Zu einem Schrank von Klara Ege, in: Die Kunst im Deutschen Reich, 4. Jahrgang / Folge 4, Ausgabe B, April 1940, page 124-127.

Regarding the artistic design and runic decoration of wrought iron ceiling lamps manufactured by the SS-smithy Wewelsburg:

Gujer, Maja, Aspekte der Ausstattung der Wewelsburg während der NS-Zeit, in: Kerzel, Juliane (Hrsg.), Wege der Erinnerung - Gedenkstättenarbeit und Erinnerungskultur in Ostwestfalen-Lippe : ein abschließender Projektbericht für die Planungswerkstatt Erinnerungskultur: Geschichte in Ostwestfalen-Lippe 1933 - 1945, Kreismuseum Wewelsburg 2002, page 221-235.

That shall help you to come to a serious conclusion and statement.

Comment

Thorsten, really?

Perhaps this is one of your new creations?

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                  Thorsten, really?

Perhaps this is one of your new creations?
                  Let's make this about the item posted. It has been around for decades and did not come from Thorsten.

Bob hritz

Comment

Bob, im surprised that you as such an advanced collector would even open a topic about an item like this? The way this item is constructed, it's not on par with any known WWII (and SS) item.

Comment

A friend of my owns this and sent it to me for my opinion. I don't have any knowledge of WWII era German jewelry items. It is well made, but I don't know when. I know it has been around for many-many years. If it is fantasy item, I have never seen anything like it. I have no stake in it so am just looking to provide him whatever information is available. I was hoping to find the maker's mark identified, but I have googled evey possible combination without any results. It looks like either 911kamark or Gllkamark.

Bob Hritz

Comment

interesting piece Bob..... It's old alright.. It just doesn't appear to be WW2 old..

Some of the old reunions even though the Swas,SS runes etc. were outlawed there would be some that would make a small run of trinkets for the men and /or their families with the outlawed emblems.
                        I've seen a few weird things like this and they were attributed [non official] to these reunions.. Maybe?

Comment

Mark = Allkamark.

Comment

I don't think it is a genuine TR piece.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X