Waffen SS color piped cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Waffen SS color piped cap

What do you think of the Waffen SS color piped cap under Headgear at www.wwiidaggers.com?

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
    What do you think of the Waffen SS color piped cap under Headgear at www.wwiidaggers.com?
    I visor looks a lot more weathered than the rest of the cap. That is just my first observation.

Comment

A piped ss crusher is as rare as hens teeth. Either the dealer knows it's complete junk or they have no idea how how much they should/could charge for something like that.
      I know which I think is most likely!

Comment

I thought so. You just can't add insignia and have a $25,000 cap. And this seller purports to be an investment advisor.
        Last edited by BrianK; 08-15-2014, 12:46 PM.

Comment

This thing was dumped in the last Mohawk Arms Auction--here is a pic of it from there:
          Attached Files
          NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by panzer wittman View Post
            A piped ss crusher is as rare as hens teeth. Either the dealer knows it's complete junk or they have no idea how how much they should/could charge for something like that.
            I know which I think is most likely!
            This looks like blatant fraud to me from the dealer. J

Comment

Originally posted by jacquesf View Post
              This looks like blatant fraud to me from the dealer. J
              considering he is asking $2,395.00 for a cap that would be worth potentially 10x that if authentic......

His site is often riddled with reproduction badges.

William Kramer
              Please visit my site: https://wehrmacht-militaria.com/

Comment

The dealer have also a" nice-" eagle
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by BrianK View Post
                  I thought so. You just can't add insignia and have a $25,000 cap. And this seller purports to be an investment advisor.
                  haha yes this is a silly cap at a silly price, but i don't think witty purports to be an investment advisor haha he just uses the investment thing as a sales mechanism. He would blatantly tell you he has no formal education in finance.

Comment

What of the cap itself....I mean, yes, realllllly cheap price and all, but that aside; what of the visor? Appears to be nice, solid construction, piping doesn't appear to be über fluffy....interior shows that the visor was not a private purchase, leather sweatband is solid and appears to be original. Velvet band does not appear to be a re-wrap (modern) it appears to fit the seam both top and bottom well. I am by no means an expert....but...for you experts out there, what do you make of it?
                    I mean...this one maybe an Obvious repro.....hey guys give me a break....im tryin' to learn more about these beauties!!!!

Comment

It's junk - see above comments from the experts. If you're gonna recommend items for investment at least let them be genuine.

Comment

Tom should stay with what he knows, daggers. No one can know it all, we all specialize.

Comment

Originally posted by rzzzm View Post
                          The dealer have also a" nice-" eagle

Thats a very nice original eagle ..... NOT !
                          Regards
                          David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                            Thats a very nice original eagle ..... NOT !
                            Regards
                            David
                            It goes well with the cap........

Comment

So, that's that...? Garbage. I really wouldn't expect Tom to put such a fake visor up for sale. I have had dealings with Tom and he is a genuine, good guy, I wouldn't expect him to pawn off a fake....as for the facts of the visor, not well put togather, not original manufacture assembly? I thought it looked good!! Argh....!!!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X