SS Honor Ring Totenkopfring - need evaluation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Honor Ring Totenkopfring - need evaluation

Hello all, my friend asked me to try to get proper value for this skull ring, because he wants to sell it. Condition you can see on pictures, there is only one ''but'' upon his words. The name of recipient was polished. Any opinions are welcome. Thanks.

Regards, Lukas.
    Attached Files

next pictures 1
    Attached Files

Comment

next pictures 2
      Attached Files

Comment

next pictures 3
        Attached Files

Comment

I am not a fan of this ring.

Comment

What is the weight of the ring?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim's Militaria View Post
              I am not a fan of this ring.

nor am i jim, the skull looks rather angry dosnt it its a high end fake in my opinion,and the M"s in himmler are terriblby done, not to mention missing seam behind tk, bad ring,sorry

Comment

Ring

Very well executed ring, but I have some doubts. Please post CLEAR, CLOSEUP pics of the joiner line behind skull, the swastika, and closeups of the area where the name and date once were. Better closeups of the Himmler signature are necessary. Also, a sidewiew that shows the angle of the skull. You'll get a better assessment with better pics. Try placing the ring on a sheet of white paper to photograph inside engraving.

Comment

By the pics it has a chance IMO.

Ric

Comment

I do not see the "seam" line behind the skull. A clear close-up behind the skull is needed to be able to tell for sure. An original must have a "seam" line.

Comment

Originally posted by Reichskanzler View Post
                      I do not see the "seam" line behind the skull. A clear close-up behind the skull is needed to be able to tell for sure. An original must have a "seam" line.
                      Hello, i think, you do not see any seam, because in this area was the name, which was polished.

So i can tell the friend, this ring is totally bad, by your comments. I am not a ring guy, so i do not know much about this collecting area.

Thanks for help folks. Lukas.

Comment

The seam is behind the skull...not where the name is . It's well made..but too bright in the photos....would be a nice wearer...but needs more scrutiny before you give it a thumbs down totally...is there any story as to where it was found? So far I like what I see....but thats just my opinion ...and better shots need taken and it needs darker shots to tell and show the whole thing with no areas left out.

Comment

Does anyone else think the skull looks...odd?

Comment

Originally posted by C.Reinhardt View Post
                            Does anyone else think the skull looks...odd?
                            YEP, my post no.7, its fake no doubt in my mind

Comment

Indeed for me the skull is very strange looking and not a pattern I would like
                              Regards
                              Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 9,961 at 05:23 PM on Today.

Working...
                              X