Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting Waffen-SS NCO shoulder boards

Howdy!
    I just came across this neat set of Waffen-SS Unterscharführer shoulder boards.
    For me, this set looks 100% good but it has those quite unique 'plastic' stiffeners inserted in the back?
    Has anybody a clue why and for what those stiffeners were attached, how common is this practice???

I have only seen one other set of SS NCO shoulder boards in the past with a similar plastic insert... anyways my guess is, that this must have been done periodly.

But perhaps you know more about those stiffeners, I would well appreciate your opinions.
    Thank you in advane!
    Cheers
    Attached Files

..brown plastic 'bakelit-like?' stiffeners..
    Attached Files

Comment

Just another NCO set with this feature

Here is another Waffen-SS shoulder board set with plastic (transparent) stiffeners inserted.
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

These were already discussed here .. http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=752521

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Hi guys, I am the vendor of these boards and some others on the estand. They came with a number of other original items. I have been PMd by someone who viewed the other items and he believes that these are Hermann Goring Luftwaffe boards. I attach two Luft eagles that also came, I knew that these were HG.
            I had agreed a deal for these with a forum member as SS boards, I do not want to leave any question over these, I have told him I would raise these issues in the thread.
            I would ask for further opinions, I know they are difficult to differentiate and I have no problem keeping them as I collect Luftwaffe insignia.
            Here are the eagles, I will also post both boards and eagles in the Luftwaffe forum.
            Cheers - Greg
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Greg,
                You are a true gentleman and a genuine forum member, I'm pretty sure both ss and HG wore this type of board, also tresse too..
                my belief is that they are probably HG div insignia for a few reasons but mainly as they came in the same group with the eagles!
                rare either way!
                great find!
                regards
                wisches

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X