oorlogsspullen

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS officer's visor on Ebay: sleeper or scam??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS officer's visor on Ebay: sleeper or scam??

Hello,

The ebay auction of this visor cap was just removed before the end of the auction... Did anyone of you follow it? Starting price: 1 euro.

IMO it looks like an Original Kleiderkasse CW cap, but quite a large sized one... (Hence the folded newspaper under the hood?

In a separate mail the seller also still has the removed insignia

I offered 2000 euro and it was agreed by the seller, but yet I went careful and declined... My ebay experience makes me quite suspicious in some cases. This was one of those cases...

Reasons why:
    1. Seller doesn't take PayPal;
    2. Seller doesn't want to meet up and arrange a 'pick up'. He only wants to send the cap out;
    3. Seller only wants to be paid by bank transfer;
    4. After asking a pic of the cap and today's newspaper I get a fussy pic of a cap the m i g h t be the very same one as listed;
    5. The seller wasn't aware of the rather high price/offer, nor does he collect militaria. The other auctions and past auction were... yes: small militaria pieces like Erkennungsmarke etc...
    6. Seller has 'only' 98% good feedback;
    7. Seller is ebay member since 2014 according to his profile;
    8. Even after areeing my offer, it was quite hard to get his name. After asking a photo of his passport to be sure he wasn't an alias I got a photoshopped photo of his driving licence . Name matched though. No residential address, nor Phone number... To me not a keen way to build trust IMO...

So all summed up: I bailed out. About 5 hours later someone did buy it it appears. I hope the buyer won't get ripped of. If not, he might have done a good deal!

Kind regards,
    Gerd V
    Attached Files
    Last edited by willysproject; 07-21-2014, 04:50 PM.

Attached Files
    Last edited by willysproject; 07-21-2014, 04:57 PM.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

HI Gerd, to me it's sounds like a scam, as I had it happened to me last year, I had my card down and the crook conned me. It was a total scam the crook didn't even own the item! I was lucky it was at a low price, I should of notice that, I got my money back via E-bays protection, but get this I notice that after every thing was over, the crook still had his E-bay account and that is after I had reported him as a crook!

Yep as I have stated before use a credit card on top of PayPay, and E-bay so you know you will get your'e money back.

Gerd to did the wright thing, as the warning signs you pick up saved you a headache!

Lou

Comment

Hi,

I went there too... I 'won' an Original M44 Dot tunic on ebay for 1500 euro (buy-it-now)... What I got was a totally different tunic (cheap fake). Ebay didn't do a thing, but did receive the commission of course. Police didn't do a thing either. Every one was pointing to one another...
          Now I know the drill better... So I passed this one...

Kind regards,
          Gerd V

Originally posted by Lou58 View Post
          HI Gerd, to me it's sounds like a scam, as I had it happened to me last year, I had my card down and the crook conned me. It was a total scam the crook didn't even own the item! I was lucky it was at a low price, I should of notice that, I got my money back via E-bays protection, but get this I notice that after every thing was over, the crook still had his E-bay account and that is after I had reported him as a crook!

Yep as I have stated before use a credit card on top of PayPay, and E-bay so you know you will get your'e money back.

Gerd to did the wright thing, as the warning signs you pick up saved you a headache!

Lou

Comment

Yes

Hard to say.... but many scammers out there, so dont transfer alot of
            Money to a stranger, with no name in the hobby. I would not play 50/50 with this kind of Money.

BR
            Nicolai

Comment

Oh dear, this sounds very scary in my ears. I would never play with such amounths of money with people you don't know anything about them Not my cup of tea to do business this way.

Regards, Wim
              Freedom is not for Free

Comment

in my opinion its the same with all kinds of gambling - at the end you are mostly the looser. For sure not my approach of collecting.

Comment

I hate ebay. Sometimes there are some nice items, mostly m43 or m41 tunics, sold by vets grandsons. But there are a lot of people, trying to scam you. That is why is too risky. And once comes to such a rare items like SS, i never trust ebay. A lot of fraudsters offer some nice looking item for a silly price saying "oh you know i found it at home, but i know nothing about it" and still they ask about 2000 USD for a item that normally coast about 4000. In the end you get cheep 40 USD repro or something.
                  It happend with me just once. I paid 300 EUR for officers tunic and i received a repro. I was lucky to have my money back. And i learned then - this things just dont happen to be found in ebay or such auction houses.

About 3 years ago, there was one original black SS m32 tunic on Ebay - sold for 1520 EUR. The seller had good feedback and the tunic was nice with correct holders, markings and cut.
                  Last year 2 nice SS m43 tunics were sold, but they were without pockets, modified for post war wear.

So its very rare to find a good one in this place, still it happens, but i would pass even if i see a good offer.

Just personal opinion.

Cheers

Comment

The hat is bad.
                    Last time I can recall seeing a genuine SS visor on Ebay was back in 1999.
                    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
                      The hat is bad.
                      Last time I can recall seeing a genuine SS visor on Ebay was back in 1999.
                      Bad..seem like a good one to me... CW late long hairy velvet..
                      Best
                      Gisle

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X