Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by germanpolice View Post
    some shuma wore black collar and cuffs
    Exciting that the insignia have a very good chance to be real (and foreign made) but the uniform is still very odd! (To me a movie or theatre prop)
    The Schuma uniforms that I am familiar with are left over Black Alg.SS uniforms with gray or polizei green trim on the cuffs and matching collar in same materials contrasting the black...
    Not familiar with Polizei green ones with black trim. That would be exciting, but why SS insignia and not Schuma insignia?
    and why this?
    (see photo...or are my eyes playing tricks on me?)
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Gent's,

Have had these insignia before in my hands, strange stuff but original.

Eagle comes btw in two versions, green & black cloth.

Reg,
      Ron

Comment

I was thinking Schuma also but someone added SS insignia to "spice" it up.

Comment

An odd tunic indeed. Not made in the general Polizei cut with unpleated lower pockets and the colored cuffs seem to be added to sleeves with a buttoned opening. Does the buttoned cuff still work and does it have buttons? The collar and cuffs seem to have been added sometime later in its life.

My first thought is that it is a postwar tunic with postwar added collar, cuffs, and insignia.

Comment

Originally posted by Collectinsteve View Post
            Agreed it is probably a HEAVILY modified 1960s or early 1970s Polizei uniform. There's a couple of possibilities, but I'd bet on Rheinland-Pfalz, though NRW had a similar uniform in the early 1960s before moving to a less traditional design.

Steve
            Originally posted by Klaus1989 View Post
            The cut and material look like some officer ranks tunic of the Polizei or less likely BGS, but no West German police had closed collar tunics. Unless upper buttonholes are not same (added later) and was ironed flat to hide this, which is possible.
            Some comments above pasted (reproduced) here, which originate from the BRD forum where I posted a link to discuss this odd piece...
            Thanks Steve and Klaus!

So a post war uniform heavily modified (for theatrical use) as suspected but oddly enough transformed with foreign made period insignia?
            Maybe it has a French movie prop or theatre property stamp inside it somewhere?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Today.

Working...
            X