SS id moto plate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS id moto plate.

Posting this for a friend collector, does this ID SS plate, present all the caracteristics of an period one, the numbers & logo seems to be overpainted !!

P.W.
    Attached Files

It's hard to give a informed decision from just the picture you have provided. Really need to see close up photo of numbers. However my first opinion is that it differs greatly from those genuine ones that I have owned. My observations would be; the numbers are incorrectly placed on the plate ( look at the space left at the end ) , I don't personally like the shape of the plate and finally the red stamps are very very robust even after 70 yrs in the ground that rend to survive well, this one is not there for some reason ! It just doesn't add up for me . Jim

Comment

I don't like it either

Comment

SS ID plate.

I can't post all the pictures, due to high resolution, here's another ...
        Thank you allready for the first, input

P.W.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thankyou for posting the more detailed photo. I personally conclude this is not a genuine number plate, also worth noting is the bottom leading edge is far too new is cut. However it is still a novel piece to own but just not genuine pre 45 . Jim

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X