E stand tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E stand tunic

I am a Heer collector, but the photos in the e stand add are of very poor quality.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...d.php?t=747146

Juan

Obvious fake runic tab for starters .... there seem to be other issues even from those poor photographs

Ian

Comment

Obviously a 6 button Heer M43 version with 3 hole army style belt support ...dirty repro? Very questionable to me.
      Certainly not an SS pattern 5 button M43 ...Also notice at the high position of the button hole slits on the top pocket flaps...strange!
      Where are the chest darts?
      Probably had a bad eagle and bad cufftitle on it ...which were conveniently removed. I am not convinced...
      For a final verdict we would need much better (close up) pictures...but not looking too promising based on these (unclear) images...
      Last edited by NickG; 07-02-2014, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
        Obvious fake runic tab for starters .... there seem to be other issues even from those poor photographs

Ian
        My thoughts as well!

Cheers
        //Felix

Comment

In fairness to the seller and any potential buyer, should a Mod PM the seller to make sure he has at least seen this thread and give him the opportunity to either remove, further research or modify his offering. I would hope that if I ever mistakenly represent something for sale, someone would contact me to let me know their opinion. I try to make sure I have everything peer reviewed before positing it on e-stand to avoid this type of scenario.

My 2 cents....

Comment

We are all learning and I had concerns. But I am not an SS collector. I think better photos will be helpful. If is not a good tunic, I am glad a forum member will avoid a 4k mistake
            I

Comment

Originally posted by JuanS View Post
              We are all learning and I had concerns. But I am not an SS collector. I think better photos will be helpful. If is not a good tunic, I am glad a forum member will avoid a 4k mistake
              I
              I appreciate your posting this. Everyone needs to keep lookout for items like this to keep the integrity of the forum.

Comment

Originally posted by JuanS View Post
                I
                If it's not something you are comfortable with, it's probably a good idea to post the topic yourself to get opinions from reliable sources before listing it for $4K.

Comment

Looks like a bad reproduction tunic. An Army style tunic with SS insignia is the first clue that there may be a problem with this item. If it is a Army tunic, where are the chest darts? Also, what is the deal with the over sized button holes on the pocket flaps? another classic problem with repros are the wrong proportions of the pocket flap lids. Steve

Comment

Originally posted by kpaintner View Post
                    In fairness to the seller
                    Actually in all fairness it is the duty of the seller to ensure the items they are listing are 100% original, unless stated to the contrary. If that means posting it here for authentication then that should be done BEFORE the item is listed and a link to the discussion attached to the sale thread to help potential buyers.

This one is at best a one-looker messed with tunic.

Ian

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
                      Actually in all fairness it is the duty of the seller to ensure the items they are listing are 100% original, unless stated to the contrary. If that means posting it here for authentication then that should be done BEFORE the item is listed and a link to the discussion attached to the sale thread to help potential buyers.

Ian
                      Well put Ian, and certainly the right thing to do especially when it comes to SS regalia.

Comment

Originally posted by sam1chlt View Post
                        I appreciate your posting this. Everyone needs to keep lookout for items like this to keep the integrity of the forum.

Have you even ever read one cultural topic on this forum?

Comment

I will note that most of the seller's threads are in the eStand except when he asks for opinions about items that turn out to be fakes. Good for Juan for pointing out the tunic.

Don

Comment

Originally posted by jabnus View Post
                            Have you even ever read one cultural topic on this forum?
                            Yes, I have.

Comment

And yet you think that something like "integrity" exists or is strived after by WAF?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X