Prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prices?

It is in my humble opinion that prices on almost all militaria have gone soft. I know everyone can show an example of a rare or mint example going for huge $'s but this is the first time since I have been collecting (1967) that I sense a leveling or even lowering of prices. I never collected for profit but would hate to see a future where no one cares for the stuff we have so joyfully pursued, which I think, truly drives what will be paid for an item. Opinions?

The sky is still falling . . .

TWO WORDS
    Attached Files

Comment

I personally think this is a market correction post the feeding frenzy experienced over the past 6-8 years. Although lower to mid have been hit the hardest, the fact is that high-end has been feeling it as well over the past year. In my view this is a good thing, as it will enable younger collectors to join the hobby, without them this stuff will definitely lose value long term.

Cheers,

Asper

Comment

Originally posted by Asper View Post
        I personally think this is a market correction post the feeding frenzy experienced over the past 6-8 years. Although lower to mid have been hit the hardest, the fact is that high-end has been feeling it as well over the past year. In my view this is a good thing, as it will enable younger collectors to join the hobby, without them this stuff will definitely lose value long term.

Cheers,

Asper
        As a younger collector, I sure hope so. I think Asper makes a really important point. If there is no younger generation to get interested/collect, the hobby will dry up. From my end, it's not a lack of resources that's prevented me from pulling the trigger on higher priced items, it's a lack of confidence that the items are original. Fakes are ruining the hobby, I believe, and turning many people (young and older) away. I would like to take the time to thank many members on this Forum for their contributions and generosity in passing along their knowledge.

I would hope that the collected effort by Forum members to 'out' those that are selling fakes will help to regain confidence into the hobby.

Comment

The market is moving East with new and young collectors in China, Russia and Asian countries. It is a shift in economics and the militaria goes where the money is. Sadly, with the economic decay of the West, they best material will travel East.

I have not seen anything I am seeking go cheap.

Bob Hritz
          In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.

Duct tape can't fix stupid, but it can muffle the sound.

Comment

i agree,a lot of collectors sell of ,i wounder how moch stuff is now offered! years ago it was stuff of dream what is now on offer,at realistc price,just yeasterday i have seen a nice jump smock sumfptarn at 3500euro in Potsdam,hey half of the dealer price

Comment

Dow

17000...so close. let's do it.....!!!!

Comment

it depends from your sources... of course for the first time we see a decrease of price but the problem is only the internet bubble.

Fortunately i mixed a lot my incomes... some from merchant, some fromestand and a lot from private sources... and now my items have market without losses.

Future? I don't know.

Of course if you bought only in merchant sites... probably now you have real problem to sell at the same prices... moreover if you bought insigna.

Comment

Market

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                  it depends from your sources... of course for the first time we see a decrease of price but the problem is only the internet bubble.

Fortunately i mixed a lot my incomes... some from merchant, some fromestand and a lot from private sources... and now my items have market without losses.

Future? I don't know.

Of course if you bought only in merchant sites... probably now you have real problem to sell at the same prices... moreover if you bought insigna.
                  Yes, but I think very few buy to immediately sell an turn a profit. For me, I buy what I like, maybe sell later, maybe. Most collectors, collect and keep their items IMO. Let the people who inherit worry about selling. For them, it is pure profit. Win/Win...

Comment

For me is also important to buy at right prices in order to reach top items... I am not rich so I must consider to sell one day. When you collect SS so expensive stuff you must consider all

Comment

Originally posted by Asper View Post
                      In my view this is a good thing, as it will enable younger collectors to join the hobby, without them this stuff will definitely lose value
                      To my surprise, there are more young collectors then I thought that there would be. It is hardly scientific, but according to a poll I have up, the "young punks" () are in the lead now! They'll end up with all of the good SS stuff, the FJ items, the whole 9 yards, the whole enchilada!
                      http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...62#post6493562
                      Tim

Comment

If someone finds a below priced BMW R75 just let me know. SS stuff is still getting sold good.
                        See the results of Johns P. Auction.

Comment

Yes Robert but there were also the collector 'of the collection'... People who collect cause the past owner. I saw other auction (HH with his problems of transparecy and return terms of course) get quite deserted. Generally I see great Ss merchant site go better than before, estand empty of Ss items (do you remember the quantity 3+ years ago?).
                          Real prices didn't fall... Overpriced items yes... But it's just a problem of buyer who bought at crazy prices.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X