totenkopf ring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

totenkopf ring

Hello i have this ring i do assume its a fake one but i dont know anything about them so if some one could confirm this would be great

(Kinda looks like voldemort )

It is a happy Fake SS ring. The skull smiles lol

Comment

Thanks i think the owner doesn`t smile right now

Comment

It is a rare known original canteen ring.

Comment

Thanks for your opinion how can you tell?
          As i told before i have 0% knowledge of rings.
          Would like to see some more thoughts!

Comment

Well, for one, there are numerous threads on this forum and German Daggers.Com that will answer your questions/concerns. Ron

http://forum.germandaggers.com/ubbth...oard=38&page=1

Comment

Ring

I think it's original too, but I'm not an expert on these kind of rings. It's safest to buy known-pattern rings, but even those are faked. Despite the band appearing to be sized, IMO, it was probably broken, and repaired. A large number of original rings are cracked at the back. An SS man could have worn it, but any military man could have as well. Post clear CLOSEUPS of the ring, especially the markings.

Comment

Originally posted by arjan_mess View Post
                Thanks for your opinion how can you tell?
                As i told before i have 0% knowledge of rings.
                Would like to see some more thoughts!
                I can tell, because i had this pattern as well as a few hundred of other third reich rings. I know my hobby.

Comment

Thank you for the reply`s guys!
                  Took some better close ups,
                  Unfortunately my camera sucks and it looks kinda blurred should buy a new one...

Greetings,
                  Arjan
                  Last edited by arjan_mess; 06-24-2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

After these new pics. I think it is a casted fake of a real pattern. The scratches on the inner ringband tells all.

Comment

Ring

You often see the same scratches on the inside of fake totenkopfrings. The claim is often that they were "cleaned", but that's a smokescreen.

Comment

Subject for this thread should have been : P.P. Ring?

I would take a small toothbrush style brush, and carefully clean the dirt out of the recesses where the makers marks are only, and the tiny'er the brush the better, or use just a few bristles from some other brush just in the MM recess only ...and then show the marks again(with less light) ... it is tough to fake the originl makers marks..that are really stamped as opposed to cast on repro PP rings.

Then I think before we move in haste ,we should see what the marks look like first , and go from there...and although some rings do have scratches inside (sometimes done in rare situations by owners to remove inscriptions ) it isnt always a death sentence....also where was this found, and was there any story from whom you purchased it ?

Use less light when you take the shots and try to use a loupe or some lense to help get it in focus (just for the marks)....this may help.

Comment

Thanks for the comments i will take some new pictures of the marks.
                          No special story behind it i can buy this with a lot of other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by arjan_mess View Post
                            Thanks for the comments i will take some new pictures of the marks.
                            No special story behind it i can buy this with a lot of other stuff.
                            New pictures:

Something went visible but it is very hard to make out if i only had a better camera..

Thanks for all the effort guys!

Comment

this is a rare early pattern..... Going from the not so good photos,,,,
                              Streaky inner band, a couple 'dots' on the outside, thick rear band, messy area behind skull.
                              This has the appearance of a reproduction of a good well worn ring..

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X