Opinion about this tropical skull for cap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinion about this tropical skull for cap

Found this today on flea market and pleas for help is this ok or fake? One side is photo with flesh another not . For any help thank you .
    Attached Files

This is a reproduction, but from the front - once sewn on - it would be easy to mistake for the real thing.

regards, Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
      This is a reproduction, but from the front - once sewn on - it would be easy to mistake for the real thing.

regards, Robert

Yes I'll second that ....
      Rather a dangerous fake too
      Regards
      David

Comment

Great, that's all we need Is this a new fake? Ive never seen it before & don't ever hope I do...Im sure the grey version is sure to follow...as long as its on its backing no worries...Its once it get sewn on & aged a bit we need to be VERY diligent with this one.....BAHHH HUMBUG!!!!!!!
        Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
        Yes I'll second that ....
        Rather a dangerous fake too
        Regards
        David

Comment

thanks for the opinion .I was very suprised because i more belived its ok as fake.Why? Because I bought it on fleamarket from seller who all sold me for 1E and nothing know about it or other items(civic solid silver old men stock, some stamps....).I realy thinking maybi have luck with this one too. I right now testing it on UV lamp and not shining . But if you all say fake than is fake . Only one question about it. Interested me if styl of head ok or its wrong or have some mistakes? For future because must to all learnabout modern reproduction and new fakes on markets.

Comment

Vox, compare the reverses. ANY SS bevo insignia where the back weave threads extend the full length of the back is bad: sleeve eagles, cap traps, etc.

The front of this skull is almost perfect, but the back tells the story. Do a quick search for tropical skulls and take a look at the back - you'll instantly see what we're talking about.

s/f Robert

Comment

Yes , this is indeed a scary one .. !

When cut & sewn on ..

But it is definitely a fake - mistakes were made when compared to an original .

In fact , for those interested in cloth & other TK's , this version was already shown in Gary Wood's " FAKE THREAD " in 2005 .. !

i.e. post 35 + 36 :

>> http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...=240462&page=3
              Last edited by Winkelman; 06-16-2014, 09:40 PM.

Comment

For future reference -

here's the 2005 suspect

" yes , I know they all look alike , but I'm positive this is the one " .. >> FAKE
                Attached Files
                Last edited by Winkelman; 06-16-2014, 09:41 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X