Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Paper Weight? SS Ehrengeschenk Führerschloss Tisch

I am being offered a SS Paper weight.

Now I am very aware that many things like this are faked.

But its coming from a guy with a large SS collection and over 40 Years of SS collecting experience.

He got it as a Treffen in Germany in the 1970s

I dont have a picture of it but there is one for sale online pretty similar, see the link.

Only the one that was offered to me has the SS runes on it instead of the TK and seems to be painted perfectly.

http://germanmilitaryrelics.com/inde...n-ss-wwii.html

Any ideas would be helpful on originality and price!

Thanks in advance

Think a 4th Reich paperweight.

Comment

These used to be sold on Manion's as a repro for $50.

I've got one on my desk.

Stay away.

Comment

Thanks for quick reply.

I will not buy it then, as I thought it was too good to be true!

Comment

And without photos of the item you will not get anywhere! that's like asking a mechanic his opinion of a ford Mustang you were offered from out of state, You don't have a photo of it, he can't inspect it but it is kinda like the one down at the corner used car lot, what do you think, risky?

one never knows, the paperweight you were offered could be good ( I doubt it though) but the one you used as an example is Pakistani crap! you must compare apples to apples as they say!

Kevin
          Last edited by WEISNER; 06-13-2014, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Hi,

I was with him for 30mins and I bought a few things - I asked him about the paper weight - its almost identical to the one I found online. Same leather bottom and same shape, only difference is the SS runes.

I thought its either a real known SS gift or not- and by reading the above posts it sounds like its rubbish.

Do you think real ones exist or is it complete fanatsy?

If real ones existed then I will get a picture of it, but I highly doubt it given the responces already.

MfG

Comment

Originally posted by chris235 View Post
              Hi,

I was with him for 30mins and I bought a few things - I asked him about the paper weight - its almost identical to the one I found online. Same leather bottom and same shape, only difference is the SS runes.

I thought its either a real known SS gift or not- and by reading the above posts it sounds like its rubbish.

Do you think real ones exist or is it complete fanatsy?

If real ones existed then I will get a picture of it, but I highly doubt it given the responces already.

MfG
              Never existed IMO.

Comment

these were 10 pounds each in camden passage london a few yrs ago, they have a green velvet base, total junk sorry

Comment

Just old rubbish ....
                  But there is always one who gets caught ....
                  Regards
                  David

Comment

SS Paper Weight

I doubt if it is military, but such political items were sold, by retail stores, with a percentage going to the government.
                    mikeburch

Comment

Originally posted by mikeburch View Post
                      I doubt if it is military, but such political items were sold, by retail stores, with a percentage going to the government.
                      mikeburch
                      Geez, these were never made or sold during the period.

Comment

SS Paper Weight

Originally posted by ErichS View Post
                        Geez, these were never made or sold during the period.
                        I meant to say, "patriotic", instead of "political".
                        There were various items, sold by retailers, of patriotic themes, to the public.
                        I have no idea of this paper weight, but it could have been one.
                        I would never say never.
                        mikeburch

Comment

Originally posted by mikeburch View Post
                          I meant to say, "patriotic", instead of "political".
                          There were various items, sold by retailers, of patriotic themes, to the public.
                          I have no idea of this paper weight, but it could have been one.
                          I would never say never.
                          mikeburch
                          General patriotic items were for sale but do you think that SS items were sold in stores to the general public? Other than certain pieces of Allach, no.

There are many SS items around like this paperweight that are pure fantasy. Enough said.

Comment

General patriotic items were for sale but do you think that SS items were sold in stores to the general public? Other than certain pieces of Allach, no.

There are many SS items around like this paperweight that are pure fantasy. Enough said.

In most cases its pretty obvious that these items are fantasy too ...
                            Regards
                            David

Comment

Think a 4th Reich paperweight.
                              Better be ready ... you don't want to be late!

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X