SD officer diamond

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SD officer diamond

Hi Here is a recent purchace.It has had the buckram removed,the diamond is uniform removed the base material is moleskin.I have only ever seen them in wool are they common on moleskin?
    Cheers
    Dave.
    Attached Files

Very nice original!

Best, JLS

Comment

Nice. I've seen another example of this variation which also did not have the buckram backing. It was mint. They may have been manufactured with a backing.

Comment

Very nice Dave ....
        Regards
        David

Comment

Is EM with silver piping legit?
          Dont know it out from my head.
          Should have bought the SD insignia from the J
          Pepera auction but the price went to high.

Comment

Greg

Comment

Thanks everyone for your kind comments it's much appreciated.
              Robert thats why i was asking about the moleskin material the letters s and d are embroidered just as you would see on a em diamond the only difference with mine is the folded material and it would have had buckram at one time.
              Enlisted diamonds are from what i have seen just a flat piece of wool with the letters on and no provision for buckram.
              Cheers
              Dave.

Comment

SD Diamond

Originally posted by D Davies View Post
                Thanks everyone for your kind comments it's much appreciated.
                Robert thats why i was asking about the moleskin material the letters s and d are embroidered just as you would see on a em diamond the only difference with mine is the folded material and it would have had buckram at one time.
                Enlisted diamonds are from what i have seen just a flat piece of wool with the letters on and no provision for buckram.
                Cheers
                Dave.
                I'm not sure this sleeve diamond started life with buckrum. Some examples did not use it. What I have never seen before is a fold over version for embroidered for em.
                It is my understanding that the silver piping denotes previous Gestapo service and has nothing to do with rank. That's what I have read over the years. I like the diamond and think it is an original example. Peter

Also, check to see that the fold over material is part of the actual patch and not 'added' just to help support the piping.

Comment

Here is another similar example, folded and sewn, also without the buckram backing. I don't think it ever had one.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Nice catch Dave , i still need these for my collection

Comment

These are two I have in my collection ...
                      Both with buckram
                      Regards
                      David
                      Attached Files

Comment

Super nice tagged example.
                        I hope to find a Bullion one with silver piping.

Comment

Dave u really need to sell me that white/black piped diamond!

Neither of my SD diamonds have buckram and never did. It's perfectly normal to find them without it.
                          Regards
                          Jim

Comment

Thanks again to everyone for posting on my thread.ETN your example is very nice indeed the same construction as mine.Peter i have taken a look as you advised it is just like ETN's the folds are all part of the diamond.
                            David you are very lucky to own the black and white piped version i have not seen many of them
                            Cheers
                            Dave.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                            X