No announcement yet.

Skull superfake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is actually the one fake that I consider to be the very best fake skull that I have ever encountered. What makes this one so good is that it weighed exactly the same as an original. However, in hand, it was still quite obvious, (even though it was years ago that I encountered this one).
    I think that there is a lot of room for improvement on fakes. The fakers still have a long way to go before they are perfect, IMO. I personally do not believe that perfection can be achieved on skulls, but why argue on this. Time may only tell us what can and will happen?

Chris
    Attached Files

Comment

back:
      Attached Files

Comment

markings:
        Attached Files

Comment

Wow master work,what material is this one ?

Comment

I'm not sure exactly, but it was a solid "brass-like" alloy, (not CupAl, as it should have been for an M1/52).

Chris

Comment

,,note to self

Originally posted by SScollector View Post
              I'm not sure exactly, but it was a solid "brass-like" alloy, (not CupAl, as it should have been for an M1/52).

Chris
              beware the brassy tk...

cheers,
              Pauli

Comment

Skull Superfakes

I t would take, really super finework, for these thin cast skulls, to have the details of the original stamped skulls. I don't know if it could be done.
                Who knows, though, some super fine work has been done by these German engineers !
                mikeburch

Comment

If a faker made a perfect fake, you wouldn't know it was fake...right?

Comment

LOL((((((( the perfect fakes are the 'originals' in guys collections.

Robt.

Comment

Exactly

Comment

Skulls

Originally posted by mikeburch View Post
                        Who knows, though, some super fine work has been done by these German engineers !
                        German engineers are making these?? Who would have thought???

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X