Got a spare 25 Grand ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got a spare 25 Grand ??

Got a spare $25,000 for a WSS Panzer officers visor ??

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

Young or new collectors have got no chance in this field of collecting.
    No new collectors means no future in this hobby..
    Steve

Would love to know what he paid ......

Comment

That's a lot of money!!!

Comment

is it real ?

Comment

got $25,000

I am only $24600 short.

Comment

it is the same dealer that own Hitler visor?

Comment

Originally posted by jayjay198666 View Post
              is it real ?
              Well, if you have 25K you can roll the dice and find out, if its not original, then its worth about the same as that "infamous" Mengele passport! I almost paid 20K about 7 years for a "bona fide" SS tunic grouping that was supposedly RIGHT AS RAIN from Craig, and was told it came from Steve Wolfe, only to find out later it was a complete put together which later dropped down to about 9k asking price, and then disappeared. To be as fair as possible, I have bought some nice things from Craig, not to say he doesn't have them, but as with ANY dealer collector, you had better know what you are collecting before you write that check, thats just 35 years of hard earned common sense.
              Last edited by Scott A. Hess; 05-11-2014, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair View Post
                Got a spare $25,000 for a WSS Panzer officers visor ??

http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...rman+Militaria

Young or new collectors have got no chance in this field of collecting.
                No new collectors means no future in this hobby..
                Steve
                Young collectors can start where the rest of us started as penniless youngsters - with day badges and Dachau tabs.

New collectors that want to spend $25K will have the opportunity to be relieved of their money thrust upon them.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by TomH View Post
                  Young collectors can start where the rest of us started as penniless youngsters - with day badges and Dachau tabs.

New collectors that want to spend $25K will have the opportunity to be relieved of their money thrust upon them.

Tom
                  Back then Tom early 70's tinnies were a buck and panzer as well as infantry assault were 10, you could take your lawn mowing money angd go nuts, a summer job at McDonalds bought you cloth and real German Crosses, not possible today, young people without a lot of $$$$ can't collect, sad but true and often debated, older collectors may cash out in the next decade before the bubble very well may burst for good, I have already seen it start.

Comment

There goes my collection.

Comment

WRONG....believe me there are still deals out there that will for little cash in hand blow your socks off...(if you believe in hunches...and are at the right place at the right time).it happens on here everyday somewhere......and NO I agree...you can't do it buying from CG...ya have to hunt the woodwork as they say.....and yes if living at home an average kid with a M.W./hr. fast food job and some spunk can amass quite a collection still first hand ...nothing has changed in buying ...all ways are still there...and people still throw ss helmets in the garbage believe it or not....but if someone doesn't have people skills and looks suspicious...those are the types who best just pony up the cash...and buy online as it is easier . I know for fact this suggestion although tedious to read is the best advice in the hobby you'll ever get...and will bring the highest success, and return with total originality...but youll be down to maybe two to three deals a year for first hand hunting ...

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                        ...but if someone doesn't have people skills and looks suspicious...those are the types who best just pony up the cash...and buy online as it is easier .

I'm re reading this for the third time, and still trying to make sense of it, wondering really why I should even care, but your suggesting those that buy online and from dealers online are somehow socially retarded, lacking the social graces to communicate in person and are somehow "trolls"? Also, what does a "suspicious" person look like? By all accounts I've read Josef Mengle was typically described by those upon first meeting him as elegantly dressed and gentle, I suppose he would be his personality type would do better buying in person? I suppose he and Ted Bundy would probably make a good hotel buy team? .....Your premise makes absolutely no sense, should it?

Comment

Originally posted by juoneen View Post
                          WRONG....believe me there are still deals out there that will for little cash in hand blow your socks off...(if you believe in hunches...and are at the right place at the right time).it happens on here everyday somewhere......and NO I agree...you can't do it buying from CG...ya have to hunt the woodwork as they say.....and yes if living at home an average kid with a M.W./hr. fast food job and some spunk can amass quite a collection still first hand ...nothing has changed in buying ...all ways are still there...and people still throw ss helmets in the garbage believe it or not....but if someone doesn't have people skills and looks suspicious...those are the types who best just pony up the cash...and buy online as it is easier . I know for fact this suggestion although tedious to read is the best advice in the hobby you'll ever get...and will bring the highest success, and return with total originality...but youll be down to maybe two to three deals a year for first hand hunting ...
                          I know exactly what you mean and I agree 100%!!

I made my best scores out there in the open and still make them today. You just have to be on the ball - so keep on hunting.

Comment

For $19.95 autograph photo of craig

Now here is a great deal for $19.95
                            an autograph photo of craig ….
                            http://www.craiggottlieb.com/engine/...eek::eek::eek:

Comment

19.95…it can be yours
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X