SS Reich Dish - Please Help Me!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Reich Dish - Please Help Me!

Hi everyone, I'm new of this forum and i write to you from Italy. Nice to meet you all and my compliments about your beautiful and interesting site.

I'm a german things fan and i usually buy ww2 german things in old markets around east europe. Yesterday I found a market man who would sell to me this dish but i'm not prepared about porcelains.

Can someone help me to understand if this plate is genuine or not?

He would sell to me for something like 150 usd. Is it a good price??

Thank you very much for the help, all bests

Francesco

COLLECTING POLITICAL ITEMS, HJ AND SS

Dish

I can't view the photos in that format. The price is ok for an SS mess dish or bowl. If you can't post photos in a different format, describe the logo. Most SS messware was made by "Bauscher-Weiden", some by "Victoria", and some by "Bohemia" in Chezchoslovakia. The logo should be under the glaze. SS messware is still pretty reasonably priced, considering the cost of other SS items. SS porcelain and SS newspapers (Das Schwarze Korps) are great starting points for the novice collector, or those on a tight budget. Here's a cool example. VERY heavy construction!!
    Attached Files

Comment

Hi Sgstandard

Thank you very much for your answer! I don't know why you can't view the pics, try to clic on this link where i posted other pictures

http://www.worldwarforum.net/forum/p...h-vt36001.html

))

Comment

Dish

It's a site you need to log onto, so no pictures. Please describe the logo in detail, and we can at least tell you if it sounds right. I don't think that SS messware is heavily faked, so it's probably ok. SS-Reich messware is not very rare, and very reasonable, so it doesn't make much sense to fake. Most fakers embellish antique items with exotic SS logos, turning them into fantasy pieces - great for Fantasyland.

Comment

Hello Francesco,

welcome aboard agreed no problem with this one.
          best
          Raffaello
          "six italians, dressed in rather unusual diving suits and equipped with materials of laughably little cost have swung the military balance of power in the Mediterranean in favour of the Axis".

Comment

Originally posted by Raffaello Carola View Post
            Hello Francesco,

welcome aboard agreed no problem with this one.
            best
            Raffaello
            Thank you very much Raffaello. Bye !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X