SS-Totenkopfverbande shoulder boards Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS-Totenkopfverbande shoulder boards Need Help

I am offered a mint pair of black early ss shoulder boards with pointed ends, silver-coloured 'standard' NCO-braid attached and a with stitched numeral "3" on them. And since I do not collect shoulder boards I was wondering if someone here can help me find a link on this forum or elsewhere where I can find these.

Forgive my ignorance but are they SS-VT or SS-Totenkopfverbande?

I did find a link to a set that almost looks the same:

http://www.hannahsreich.co.uk/viewph...h=3012&phqu=10

And another link with a numeral "1" here:

http://www.2kompanie.org/totenkopf-insignia.html

Does the number 3 stand for Thuringen?
    Are they rare?

I did take some pictures and will try to upload them this weekend.

Thanks in advance,

Emiel
    Last edited by Niederlande; 05-09-2014, 11:34 AM.

TV boards

Emiel,
    It is good if the boards in question are of similar style and construction as the links you have referenced. The numeral should be of machine woven chain stitch style and yes, 3 is for Thüringen. I have only seen one period photo of a '3' pointed end board, each end of the numeral should sort of curl into a little ball. Hope you can get some pics of these for other opinioins as well.
    Last edited by Kale Michael; 05-09-2014, 01:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kale Michael View Post
      Emiel,
      It is good if the boards in question are of similar style and construction as the links you have referenced. The numeral should be of machine woven chain stitch style and yes, 3 is for Thüringen. I have only seen one period photo of a '3' pointed end board, each end of the numeral should sort of curl into a little ball. Hope you can get some pics of these for other opinioins as well.
      Thank you for your help Michael
      I will try and upload the pictures very soon. Stay tuned

Comment

picture 1

Last edited by Niederlande; 05-09-2014, 03:47 PM. Reason: need to do that one again

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

These are all the pictures I have for now and ofcourse the last picture contains not only ss, but it is the only picture I have to show the boards together with other boards etc. just for size.

Thanks for helping,

Emiel

P.S. I will pay for my membership again and repost them as I do not like to see these images gone after 30 days

Comment

found another picture

Comment

Hello Emiel,
                              With these pics I hope others will provide their experience.

While the number is chain stitched , it does not match the style/font of the reference photo I have from the period. Also, the reverse of all the Totenkopfverbande boards that I believe to be original are made with black material only.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...tv+brandenburg

Check out this old thread

Cheers

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X