X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both share the same printing qualities as the one that started this thread

I may be moving these on if anyone is interested

Comment

Didn't know Paul Newman served in the S.S.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post

Bob
        haha, I like it Bob !!

Comment

I'd wait for TonyS to give his thoughts, and some of the other advanced poster collectors. The thing is, yours look 'original' to the naked eye, but if these are now being sold on EBay, or at least one seller is selling many, it really makes me suspicious even if this one is less rare than others. I would not think someone would have 5-6 or more lying around.

Comment

Originally posted by ENGLISH BOB View Post

Bob
            Funny enough, this same image appears in a French or Walloon SS recruitment poster. This one is now in my collection. You can see him at the top right in the images as a 'Danish' soldier.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
              I'd wait for TonyS to give his thoughts, and some of the other advanced poster collectors. The thing is, yours look 'original' to the naked eye, but if these are now being sold on EBay, or at least one seller is selling many, it really makes me suspicious even if this one is less rare than others. I would not think someone would have 5-6 or more lying around.
              I have had a look under the magnifying glass, and they do share the same properties as the first one in the pictures posted.

Cheers
              Martin

Comment

A large haul of these posters showed up at the max show back I 1998. They were all folded in a square (I saw at least 35 of them) and were sold for $100,00. Anyone who was into Waffen SS collecting grabbed one. I picked one up on Saturday afternoon. By 6 they were all gone. These posters are 100% good.
                Originally posted by wolfslair44 View Post
                This image is being sold on Ebay many times over. I see the same seller has had '6 originals' in the last year. The one on Ebay that the seller keeps listing looks like an original though, so I am unsure whether the same pic is being used (of an original) or what is going on there. Although this poster is 'more' common, I find it HIGHLY unlikely that the seller would have 6 of this same poster.

Tony (or anyone else) are there any traits you notice as being different on the listed Ebay ones versus the one below?
                Attached Files

Comment

These are all legit

Looks great framed RD !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                  X