Another eBay cuff-title-on-a-cuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another eBay cuff-title-on-a-cuff

GVB this time. I don't know if it's good or bad, but most likely the latter: http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...tem=2283663874

Hi Bob, you were correct, it is the latter.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Hi Bob,

It looks like the old Munin Verlag promotion cuff bands given away in the 70s to promote the Div Histories, I was taken with these in the late 70s I think I had a Wiking, Totenkopf. They used to sell these on coat hangars in the Vienna Fleamarket. Also the machine stitching to the cuff to me is always a red flag particularly on Other Ranks tunics, I just hope it was a Swedish cuff they used not a German WW2 one!!

Cheers

Mark

Comment

As for the winner of this auction, I have made one deal with him and know that he also is not a good guy! If I remember correctly he is a doctor. Sold and still sells repro and fake items as well.

Comment

Another give away (besides the cuff title itself) on this one is that the sleeve placket is not even in the vicinity of the cuff title. If this were a real cuff, the placket would be about 2 1/2 cm from the bottom of the cuff title. There's no sign of one even on the sleeve - look at all the cloth below the cuff title. These guys just sew a fake cuff title on any old piece of cloth remnants they can get their hands on - always Swedish tunics. Original WWII German tunics are just not in the faker's budget... thankfully.
          Last edited by herrgeezer; 11-14-2004, 10:00 PM.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
          X