SS Walking stick opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Walking stick opinions?

Not sure if this is the appropriate forum. A colleague of mine recently asked about a helmet I have at work and told me about his grandfather that was in the war and that he had a walking stick that was made by a Russian prisoner for his grandfather. He asked me if I could find out how much its worth and maybe sell it for him. Either way here it is, what do you think? the last pick is of where it was repaired once.( for research his last name is Pfoh)
    Thanks for your time.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Norman Keller; 03-13-2014, 08:51 AM.

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I'm not a good researcher of individual soldat. All I know is that in June 1944 that the build up of fortifications know as the Arpad Line was underway which eventually lead to the battle of Dukla Pass for Sep 8 to Oct 10th. His name was; Wilhelm (Willi) Pfoh, and he may have been Wehrmacht as it was the 1st panzerarmie there at the time I think. Any help would be much appreciated.

Comment

No SS connection. I think this may actually appeal more to someone with an interest in antique hand-carved walking sticks, than a militaria collector. Obviously a lot of work went in to making it.

Comment

What section of the forum should I send this to for more related interest/opinion? Thanks; N

Comment

any help would be appreciated.

Comment

I am a bit sceptical, because why Russian prisoner made a stick for German soldier with written "Dukla pass" in English ?

Comment

It's the same in German. http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Duklapass

Comment

Oh,now I see it. I am sorry...

Comment

A wonderful piece of art regardless of a SS connection or not.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X