SS Officer Visor advise

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Officer Visor advise

Hi guys. I need some assistance. I'm kicking around the idea of purchasing this visor from Military Collectibles Inc. haven't done business with them before. Asking price $14 K.

Sales blurb below.

This is an issue piece with the traditional black lining. It has the proper SS proofs on the visor, and also has the RZM tag fully intact under the sweat band. The sweat band shows darkening from wear. The cap is missing the cello diamond. Exterior of the cap does not show any mothing. The velvet is in exceptionally nice condition. It is my opinion that the insignia was re-set or replaced at some point during its history. It is however 100% authentic in every way. These caps are extremely hard to find.

Thoughts? Warnings?
    Attached Files

More.....
    Attached Files

Comment

Another...
      Attached Files

Comment

Last...
        Attached Files

Comment

Fake insignia in my opinion.

Ian
          Last edited by Ian Hulley; 03-05-2014, 06:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            Fake insignia in my opinion. By the looks of where the other skull has been it was probably a 3 pronger and thereforee the cap itself is an Alteste which would explain the totally missing sweatdiamond.

Ian
            Thank you Ian. For that money, it should be 100% 'good'. I'll take a pass.
            I owe you a beer.

Comment

Originally posted by kiwitedferny View Post
              Thank you Ian. For that money, it should be 100% 'good'. I'll take a pass.
              I owe you a beer.
              Wait to see what the cap guys say ... as I said before I deleted it the skull before this definate fake looks like it could have been a 3 pronger ... now accepted to be original BUT very late war and certainly NOT something you would originally find on a black cap. They were frequently found on Alteste fake caps though ....

Cheers, Ian.

Comment

Cap looks intetesting shape but really needs proper pics. TK noto good and i think to sede a bit reworking under visir.

Comment

Originally posted by viva_giulio View Post
                  Cap looks intetesting shape but really needs proper pics. TK noto good and i think to sede a bit reworking under visir.
                  Thank you. I owe you a beer too!

Comment

Probably cheaper to have a camp fire with your money than buy from MCI..... Nose bleed prices that you will never recoup.

He is standard dealer prices + 50%

Comment

Ian

Ian, is that Skull the 380/40 Fake?

Comment

RE: Military Collectibles Inc

Originally posted by max wünsche View Post
                        nose bleed prices that you will never recoup.

+1

Comment

Originally posted by Adam S. View Post
                          RE: Military Collectibles Inc

Originally Posted by max wünsche View Post
                          nose bleed prices that you will never recoup.

+1
                          +2

"Beautiful mint condition" He uses these words to describe his items often! if it is mint it was probably never worn or used during the war and likely a depot find or worse yet! we are free to charge what we want for our items and on the other hand, pass on overpriced items! buyer do your homework.

Kev

Comment

I'm very much obliged to everyone who has pitched in on this. I haven't dealt with this dealer before. Based on what you've had to say - I won't be!
                            Thanks again.

Comment

Ask around on the forum. There are much nicer ones for less money available.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X