SS Candlestick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS Candlestick

While I appreciate it is very difficult to put a date on this item, my research
    has it produced by Kampnagel Eisenwerke (Iron works) (Kampnagel AG, Hamburg),
    Kampnagel AG from 1939 to 1945 was used as many other factories for the production of armaments, it is also noted as one of the thousands of companies that used slave labourers, the internet has “Kampnagel AG, Hamburg” as part of the SS-Wirtschaftsunternehmen (SS-Economic Enterprises) , has anyone looked at Kampnagel or seen any other SS items ?). <?xml:namespace prefix = "o" ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o></o>
    Attached Files

my gut thinks it is real.
    Not that you are asking that.

I have seen in some era photos other metal objects with the double S insignia...to be sure, not that one exactly-But I like your candlelabra.

Comment

Nice and desirable item!!!

Comment

I like it, a period piece IMO.

Mike

Comment

If anyone could PM me, I am looking at a valuation, many thanks, Paul

Comment

Hi, is the whole piece cast iron, I'm viewing on my phone at the moment so not a great image but it looks to be all cast...?

Comment

Hi Steve, yes its caste

Comment

It would be in original condition without the runes - from time to time these pieces pop up on Ebay and elsewhere.

Forget the piece.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Fay View Post
                  my gut thinks it is real.
                  Your gut is wrong.

Here you can get the real one - for just 99 Euro:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Altarleuchter...#ht_1471wt_806

Comment

Here is a pic of the real one.
                    Attached Files

Comment

pot calling Kettle black or you cant BS a BSer

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                      Your gut is wrong.

Here you can get the real one - for just 99 Euro:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Altarleuchter...#ht_1471wt_806
                      Yeah, my gut was wrong about you once too. I have no problem admitting that.

if only you could be able to know when your own rugs, candlesticks and wood stuff was fake and offer refunds to those who were swindled by you.

Not that you are asking that

Comment

Comment

However none of these have the foundry mark, also that Kampnagel stopped production in 1945 to build cranes http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kampnagel

I picked this up during my service in the old barracks in Fallingbostal in the 1970s

Comment

Originally posted by leibregiment View Post
                            However none of these have the foundry mark, also that Kampnagel stopped production in 1945 to build cranes http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kampnagel

I picked this up during my service in the old barracks in Fallingbostal in the 1970s
                            Interesting info.
                            I was wondering if anyone would bring up the mark on the underside

Comment

Talking about the used basic materials and their period ideological and religious background:

With only one exception - the mass produced Erbhof sign - period SS cultural pieces had to be handmade.

Wrought iron - not cast iron. Himmler hated it and called it "scheußlich", miscreant.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X