Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS souvenir thing.

Hello,

Has anyone seen this type of SS matchbox cover before? Who were they made for, anybody or those who would like to be in the SS?

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Tony
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

Reverse
      Attached Files

Comment

Hi I have one of these as well, mine looks slightly different but I am not sure if they are authentic pieces or fantasy items. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable than me will have an answer.

Comment

IMO I wouldn't think anything of German origins would be marked "Sterling".
          Also to be the acid etching is quite crude from what you'd expect to see even on a souvanir.
          http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

It is a fantasy piece, I have seen a russian guy selling this stuff and the other kind with LAH ciphers at a miltaria show in Milan during the weekend.
            He had almost a50 pieces

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Jerry D
              IMO I wouldn't think anything of German origins would be marked "Sterling".
              Also to be the acid etching is quite crude from what you'd expect to see even on a souvanir.
              Nothing wrong with german awards marked "Sterling", Jerry.

best,
              Gerd

Comment

Where does it say sterling?.........it doesn't say sterling on the back of it....does it?

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Dave-B
                  Where does it say sterling?.........it doesn't say sterling on the back of it....does it?

Dave
                  Well, i can see ?RLIN?G, but the space is a bit too short for "Sterling", isnĀ“t it? And there is a space between N and G, so probably not.

Comment

I think it says "BERLIN" and something else...but then again there is no room for the "B" and "E"..

Comment

So what do you reckon chaps, is it fantasy or original?

Tony mate,what did you say it was made from?.....silver-plated brass?

Dave

Comment

It's brass (I was told) and is plated in silver but I wouldn't say silver plate and it's too dull for chrome. It's non magnetic anyway.

Tony

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                        X