EpicArtifacts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old collection should be disbandet ... interesting or theater and fake hoard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old collection should be disbandet ... interesting or theater and fake hoard?

I dont`t know why but but again I was asked for help. An old collector passed away and his children now have to handle his collection. As they have no connection to "stuff like this" (the were even warned that it is a legal risk to offer this items!) I was asked for hel. Today I received a cd with some (not very good ... to be true crappy) pictures. Would this picture make you ask for more ? Or are even in this pictures so many red flags crying "cheap fakes" ??

Jens
    Attached Files

A-SS cap looks odd. Looks like velvet black band but with NCO chin cord.
    Needs close up photos. Black tunic needs better photos too.
    Best you pay a visit and have a closer look if possible.
    Take your camera too!
    Steve

Comment

Looks like a whole bunch of fake and NVA stuff, with possibly a few original TR pieces. Get better pics of the Germania cufftitle...

Comment

Originally posted by Arran View Post
        Looks like a whole bunch of fake and NVA stuff, with possibly a few original TR pieces. Get better pics of the Germania cufftitle...
        Agreed.

Looks like a typical pre-internet and decent reference books 'budget' collection from the 70's and 80's

Ian

Comment

Black tunic is fake for sure.
          However I think something good could be there

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
            Agreed.

Looks like a typical pre-internet and decent reference books 'budget' collection from the 70's and 80's

Ian
            I believe Ian hit the nail on the head. Most likely a closet collector.

Fred

Comment

Originally posted by Ian Hulley View Post
              Agreed.

Ian

Exactly I´ll agree with Ian

Andy

Comment

Thanks so far for backing up my thoughts on this part of the collection... and as far as I know it is build up in the 70ies and 80ies

In total its a van full of stuff with lots of NVA and soviet stuff of limited interest (fleamarked stuff...)

I hope I can transport this information to the owners without making them upset ...

Jens

Comment

This East block material is probably not from the 70's-80's as it it mostly Cold War era material...Impossible to find in the West in those days...!
                  Collection more likely from the early 90's (pre internet) probably just after the wall came down when DDR and USSR was very sought after in the West.
                  Collection from NW Germany I assume? This based on Wittord veteran's pennant. This DDR stuff I don't believe is very collectable in former East Germany...
                  so it resides in the West...Agreed! The WW2 stuff is mostly bad. Alg.SS uniform set for sure...other material see image ...
                  Not much value here...maybe a local surplus store will want it...
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by NickG; 02-22-2014, 03:23 PM.

Comment

Today I received at least some aditional pictures ... maybe they are more useful then the others...

Jens
                    Attached Files

Comment

...a lot of rubbish... it seems he search and collected the classic fakes...

Comment

A lot of DDR uniforms and even Russian when I'm right.
                        About the (WW2) materials, they are very nice fakes

Cheers,

Comment

The cap insignia are classic early-mid 70's pigeon-head and monkey-face fakes.

Ian

Comment

I remember when those East German helmets where tough to get and expensive
                            in the 70's
                            Matt

Comment

SS armband on the uniform doesn't look good....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X