Dot tunic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dot tunic

This has been in my collection for a few years now. I picked it up at a Great Western Gun Show. It is on the cotton poplin. I have questions about the Partisan Badge. The insignia has been on it for a long time. It had been badged up so I left the loops because it looks good but they are not original to the tunic.

Gary
    Attached Files

Originally posted by Gary Cain
    This has been in my collection for a few years now. I picked it up at a Great Western Gun Show. It is on the cotton poplin. I have questions about the Partisan Badge. The insignia has been on it for a long time. It had been badged up so I left the loops because it looks good but they are not original to the tunic.

Gary
    Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I can see why the officers used enlisted belt buckles as this one is broken! It holds together on the mannequin but it would never hold in regular use.
          Attached Files

Comment

I can see why the officers used enlisted belt buckles as this one is broken! It holds together on the mannequin but it would never hold in regular use.
            Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Hey Gary,
                Is it possible to get a shoot of the interior of the tunic? I can't say 100% but it looks that the previous owner might have also added the tabs and the edelweiss.

Michael

Comment

The tunic in itself looks fine to me... A nice superb example. If the insignia are original to the tunic is hard to say though.

Comment

looks good,but i think that the edeiveiss was added by the seller, maybe the badges aswell. donno mutch about the belt, donno much about belts sorry

Comment

beautiful tunic, i have not seen too many examples of the 44 dot uniforms in smooth cotton like this, it seems as though the use of this material was shortlived. i have seen 15 hbt tunics for every 1 cotton.

Comment

What would you guys say "should the patch and collar tabs come off or stay on?"

Michael

Comment

It's up to you. Odds are it was put together but will never know. I do have some vet pick up patches with the same strange thread running around them as if they were once applied. He did not take the uniforms just pulled off the other stuff.

Comment

Tough call Michael.

The patches all look authentic from what I can see, and I have seen
                            many tunics, caps, etc. with field additions sewn on in this way.
                            However, if you start to remove one and it shows no sign of having
                            been on there for 60 years, it's a more recent addition. On the other
                            hand, if you start to remove it and it does show these signs, you've
                            already done irreversible damage. Be very careful! I will say that I'm
                            leaning very heavily in favor of them being post-war additions,especially
                            if the threads are actually two threads running side by side, as they
                            appear to be, and given the fact that the tunic has already been
                            messed with, with regards to the badge loops.

Beautiful display though!

Comment

I would leave them on as a matter of personal choice. The tunic came this way and there is a good chance it as it should be. There are plenty of photographs to show that officers did wear awards with this as well as adding kragenspiegel and schulterstücke to them. Given that the tunic itself is harder to come by and the insignia themselves all look good it makes for a nice display.

If I have a gripe it is with the amount of gear on the belt, too much there. Map case and pistol holster is fine as a Marsch Kompass would be in the case if the leader needed it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X