No announcement yet.

FAKE SS marking RZM 101/38 SS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember well in the early 90's when all the 401's popped up.
    T.Hoff got tons of those pouches, was also failing as I purchased from him 2.
    When I am not wrong got my money back in trade. They are still around and often find from those sources. All the same in the detail ... And I assume all done in Germany as well the mentioned other numbers. When you know the scene you even come closer to the production center.

JP is 100% right on with it and the best expert I know for such matters.

Comment

SS Belt Markings

Hi guys i was just wondering about the SS stamping "VA 418/38" on a leather belt. Is this a fake? I have photographs to send to emails if anyone could help. Thanks in advance! Alex.

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=VA+418+38+SS
        Jean Pierre Redeuilh
        All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...t=VA+418+38+SS
          Jean Pierre Redeuilh
          All my collection of SS Buckles is for sale. Contact jpredeu@rogers.com for inquiries

Comment

First, let me know that I do not like at all leather markings in the form VA xx/yy SS or VA xx yy SS to begin with. All originals I know for sure are like VA.SS. yyyyy stamped along with another marking RZM xx/yy SS. Never just one marking on originals I know for sure are. But this marking has been a puzzle for me last year (see above threads). Why because I never saw it in such great quantities before last year. Then suddenly I saw it no only once but more than five times on several belts and X straps. Among the guild of advanced collectors I have close relationship none but one take that marking as original. I personally do not even if I could be wrong.

Now speaking about YOUR belt. At least one maker was approved for making such belt for the SS in 1943. But this was approved after the outbreak of the war, using RZM approved components (RZM approved rounded double claws buckle instead of flat Heer type one). I honestly highly doubt the SS would allow such belt (YOUR) to be produced in 1938. Wear of double claws army officer belts was obviously tolerated in campaign (photo evidences) but, once again, I strongly doubt about your.

Instead your re-enforce my thoughts that the marking VA 418 38 SS is purely a forgery.
            Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Here is Alex belt in question
              Attached Files
              Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Attached Files
                Jean Pierre Redeuilh

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                X