Vet Miss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vet Miss

As a complementary thread to Ron's (so his isn't hijacked - great stuff Ron), here's one I missed last month at a sleeper auction. Pockets just weren't deep enough - even with help from a collecting colleague.

This stuff was found crumpled up in a ball, and the auction house had to flatten them out just to display them.

Keep the faith, brothers - it's still out there!

s/f Robert
    Attached Files

I think I almost would rather not know that these items were sold at the auction versus knowing they sold in front of me and were still out of reach! Anyway great stuff!

Comment

Instant collection!

Comment

Wow

Comment

sincerely i don't like these end stuffs... here just 3/4 ct are intetesting so i would buy this group only if it's a bargain.
          with the value of the group could be reached real top items 10 times more rare and desiderable of dachau funds orcommon ct.
          just my opinion

Comment

Do you know the price of the stuff?

Great find! But as viva giulio said, there is a lot of Dachau stuff. For my personal interest, there would be only four items, all others would be to make other collectors happy :-)

kind regards

Uli

Comment

Yes, I think most of us know the price of these items, but with vet finds we at the mercy of what the vets chose to bring back.

It's not so much how rare it is and what we can sell it for, but the pure excitement of findings a ball of SS insignia, just like it came back from the war.

I don't think any collector would pass on the group, despite relative rarity. Maybe next time...

regards, Robert

Comment

20000 euro...it's the value. more or less.
                ...with this amount i can grown very seriously my collection.
                another black mantel and a officier visor.
                :-)

Comment

20000 euro...it's the value. more or less.
                  ...with this amount i can grown very seriously my collection.
                  another black mantel and a officier visor.
                  :-)

Sure, it's all about choices - you can choose to buy whatever strikes your fancy. If you already have these items in your collection and aren't a dealer or looking to turn a profit, then this stuff would have little interest to you.

For collectors looking for this insignia, and a good number of these items are relatively expensive to buy, it's a nice way to get a medium-sized cuff title and insignia collection. All real, and nothing wrong with Dachau stuff!

s/f Robert

Comment

of course tastes are tastes and i would have a ct like
                    Der Fuehrer, Das Reich, Michael Gassmair, Wiking (rzm), LAH rzm, Totenkopf... and so on... my intention was to find a good point for our friend who lost this interesting find. for sure it was a very expensive lot... and not a direct buy.

Comment

Makes sense - sounds like you're group is still out there, and good luck! This lot was direct from the estate, by auction.

Honestly, I would have paid the veteran easily for what it went for - otherwise, I would not have felt like I was being fair with him.

s/f Robert

Comment

Originally posted by RobertE View Post
                        Makes sense - sounds like you're group is still out there, and good luck! This lot was direct from the estate, by auction.

Honestly, I would have paid the veteran easily for what it went for - otherwise, I would not have felt like I was being fair with him.

s/f Robert
                        can i ask you sir how much it was sold+-? i have read below abaut shocking at last for me value of this items 20 000 euro,thats lot of money.

Comment

7500.00 USD.

My point is - the stuffs still out there, boys, as this find and other wonderful groups posted in this forum and others attest.

As we know, GI's grabbed something from whatever Dachau bins there hands were near. Maybe the next undiscovered find the guy pulled nothing but obscure pre-war flatwires, or all officers sleeve and cap insignia - whatever your imagination can conjure.

Before the remaining stocks were burned, Dachau had tons of material go out the door. My point is: take heart. Not the quarry, but the chase, not the winner, but the race...keep looking!

s/f Robert

Comment

Hey guys

I took my mom with me to this auction that Robert posted,
                            3 hour trip... one way
                            There were probably only 30 people at the sale,
                            someone local to the auction bought it
                            my mother was shocked what it went for.

I think it brought more than the house that was available
                            It sold all as one group...

$7500

my pockets werent deep enough

Mike

Comment

If my pockets were lined with gold, I'd jump on it. But since they aren't, I'd rather sink the money into an MP40 rather than a ball of fabric. No intention of dissing other opinions, it's just more fun for me to shoot lead than stare at a title cuff.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X