Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help to identify SS collar tab?

Guys:

Just picked this photo up on ebay. I believe it to be waffen SS but instead of runes there is simply a large W on the tab. Looks to me a chainstitched W like on Westland slip on cyphers. Can post better pic once it actually arrives. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks Richard
    Attached Files

I know the pic is not very clear,to me it looks more like the estonian metal arm.It will be interesting to see a clear close up Richard.
    Cheers
    Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by D Davies View Post
      I know the pic is not very clear,to me it looks more like the estonian metal arm.It will be interesting to see a clear close up Richard.
      Cheers
      Dave.
      Agree looks like variation of collar tab of 20th Waffen Grenadier Division of SS (1st estonian).

e.g.

1. Harald Nugiseks

2. Harald Riipalu

3. group

Comment

yes I was thinking same once I saw my enlargement. heres the full image...it is 100% a "W"....... very unusual insignia....
        Attached Files

Comment

This photo has been discussed already, the man is not SS but NSKK. The collar tab is for "NSKK Sonderstaffel W".

Comment

Originally posted by OSS View Post
            This photo has been discussed already, the man is not SS but NSKK. The collar tab is for "NSKK Sonderstaffel W".
            Many thanks, did not knew that.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
            X