Help needed on stamp in Waffen EM hobnail boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help needed on stamp in Waffen EM hobnail boots

Enclosed some pics of 2 pair of hobnail boots.

The Brown pair (Boots A) have been retrieved in Italy some 15 years ago and were bought as regular Heer hobnail boots. These boots are dated 1943 (date and name of maker to be seen on the inner sole of the boot. Boots are still in their original brown colour apart from some staining. No markings readible on the underisde of sole or elsewhere apart from some fnat marking on the front side of the shaft.

The black pair (Boots B) have been found some 25 years ago by another friend collector in the Normandy area. These are also dated 43. Huge size and heavily worn, three of the four pulling straps have been broken. No stamping readible other than the stamp in the front side of the shaft.

Both of the boots are stamped in the front in a similar way, though both from different geographic areas.

The markings oin the black pair (Boots B) are the best readible:-

30 1/2 4 45 3/4
    VA 104 43 SS

As far as I know, please correct me if I am wrong, this reads as:-
    - 30 1/2 = length in cm
    - 4 = Width in cm
    - 45 3/4 = Height of shaft in cm
    - VA 104 = maker
    - 43 = year of production
    - 16146 = lot number

Would like to know what your opinions are about these boots and their stampings.

Regards
    Attached Files

EM boots

Stamping Boots A
    Attached Files

Comment

EM Boots

Stamping Boots B
      Attached Files

Comment

EM Boots

Détails Boots A
        Attached Files

Comment

EM Boots

Détails Boots B
          Attached Files

Comment

EM Boots

Markings on the Inside of pair A.
            Attached Files

Comment

EM Boots

Détails on the inner sole of pair A.
              Attached Files

Comment

EM Boots

Attached Files

Comment

Hi,

Super boots, but you know, not a lot of collectors know that, for 2 things, in first they are very very rare, and the second you have on the market a lot of fake sale during a long time...

fred

Comment

Va ?

Hi,

Just a question about the VA stamps. I allways thinking the VA stamps are stoped to controled the ss items in 1939, what do you think about that?
                    For me I feel good your 2 boots and I think it's a good question.
                    And for info after 1943 normaly no more shoes and boots was blackened.

fred

Comment

EM Boots

Hi Fred,

Good question. VA (VerwaltungsAmt/quartermaser) markings later than 1940 are highly suspicious. However not much is known yet about VA markings on EM hobnail/ lowboots other than belts, straps and dagger hangers. F.e. the VA401/43 is a well known fake stamping found on belts.

This said, what about these boots? They are originally made army boots but both are lacking the army regulated markings on the outside or inside of the shaft. So, what happened here?

Did any one see this kind of stamping before on other boots or eventually other leather equipment and is the '43' as stamped in the black boots really the year of production?

Regards

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                      X