Thanks Gary.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks Gary.

Would it be a lot of trouble to show the assembled masses the littany of rubbish you kindly returned to me the other day.It would also help if you would demonstrate why the items are fakes (especially for me the eidelweiss which I thought was OK) I have broad shoulders and no offence will be taken at all so.....let the good times roll.

Cheers,Ian.

Items ...

Ian ... cant you show them to us, and let us have a look ... ? David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3
      Ian ... cant you show them to us, and let us have a look ... ? David
      Hi David,I'm only an 'umble 'senior' member NOT a association member,plus Gary has studied and presumably scanned them for his repro quest.I haven't got a scanner yet and have been too busy renovating our familly camper van to have time (or funds) to get one.

Most of my stuff was bought between '75/6 and '83,some as repros but most as genuine (I'm not sure how much the gentleman moderator would want me to say about the source of these 'goodies' as the charlatan that sold me most of them is still doing the rounds.....for me I'd shout his name from the rooftops....but Gary may think differently)

I DO think that there's a lesson to be learnt here though,many of them aren't that convincing NOW but were back then,some though are the same fakes that fool people today.The cap eidelweiss I'd have sworn was right but Gary say's not,and that's good enough for me.

Cheers,Ian.
      Last edited by Ian Hulley; 11-01-2004, 05:24 AM. Reason: to add emphasis

Comment

Just a quick bump to bring this back to the top.Now Gary's back and not having to resolve other 'issues' hopefully he'll be able to consider this request.

Many thanks,Ian.

Comment

Ian,

sorry but i am somewhat busy and have not had time to address that in the near future though i will start a thread with just fakes in it and rather than having separate threads they will all be in one large one, the idea of that is you will have to look through the whole thread that way they may stick in the mind,

cheers,

Gary

Comment

Gotcha,any help for our younger and/or novice collectors will always be a good idea....I'm still curious about that eidelweiss though.

Cheers,Ian.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
            X