Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS reserve armband?

Hi Guys

This very unusual party type armband just came in with a bunch of war souveniers and I can't find another like it. Sadly the swastica roundel and what appears to have been an early rzm tag have been removed. The band is in grey wool and very nicely made with the edges folded up and sewn under the black ribbon border.

Has anyone got one of these or would be able to tell me the purpose of it please?

Many thanks

Patrick
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

wow! could be the only known Stammabteilung armband ever seen!It seems to be the same wool as the reserve cufftitles and tabs also,same light grey.I know Ive owned a Stamm tunic.

Comment

if its not reserve,no one is going to be able to tell you just what it is then.And out of all the SS armbands they had to remove stuff on THIS ONE!!

Comment

Very interesting arm band! It sure looks convincing, but I can't help but wonder why it would be denazified. One would think it would just be thrown away rather than cut up and kept in the closet.
          Paul

Comment

Originally posted by wewelsburg View Post
            if its not reserve,no one is going to be able to tell you just what it is then.And out of all the SS armbands they had to remove stuff on THIS ONE!!
            Seriously though lol. I haven't seen one of these before. A shame all the stuff was removed but IMO still desirable. I would the disk be different than the regular because it would be weird to have a white on white basically.....

Comment

Thanks for the comments Guys- I agree this is what it must be and never seen or heard of another. The construction though is an absolute match for the standard early red wool armband.

I would suggest the reason that it wasn't just tossed is that in the early post war years people didn't waste things and scrap material could be used to alter clothing; sew quilts etc. Someone has set about dismantling this armband probably to keep the wool for reuse. Hence the roundel is gone but also the stitching at the back has been opened and one end of the black ribbon has started to be removed.

I will post some more pics

Comment

some better pics showing the construction
                Attached Files

Comment

[[[
                  Attached Files

Comment

how it would have looked
                    Attached Files

Comment

I bet what happened was that it was on a white summer tunic, the wife's then put the tunic in the washing machine without removing the armband. Next thing you know our dear SS officier is turning up to an event in a pink tunic with a white armband.

You just have to find the pink tunic now for a mannequin!

Comment

The A-SS reserve men wore a standard SS kampfbinde. Only the tabs and cufftitle was white. As already suggested this armband probably lost it´s color in a washingmachine.

/Mike

Comment

I highly doubt that the colour has been washed out and that it was originally red. I think it would take serious intentional persistence with the correct chemicals to get it even close to that white of it were originally red. Which would have taken colour out of the black too.

Comment

Originally posted by JC ESQ. View Post
                            I highly doubt that the colour has been washed out and that it was originally red. I think it would take serious intentional persistence with the correct chemicals to get it even close to that white of it were originally red. Which would have taken colour out of the black too.
                            I agree....

Comment

Interesting armband.

SS Reserve tabs are more of a light grey.
                              http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X