SS rank tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS rank tabs

Hi Guys, are these rank tabs ok? They look fine, but salty to me, but I just wanted to make sure.
    Thanks!
    Eddie
    Attached Files

Why would you have a rank tab on the left side .... ?
    I would think they are a pair but surely not SS ....
    Regards
    David

Comment

Sorry, I should have clarified, they are two different tabs that are being sold together. They are not being advertised as coming from the same tunic. Are the tabs themselves ok?

Comment

Interesting that both rank tabs have the same buckram and in the same sort of condition , this is the first observation for me

Comment

I think they could be Volksturm tabs?

That one "left" tab can only be that shape, you cannot flip to match up with an SS runic tab without flipping it backwards
          http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

They did have the double sided ss tabs where one is mirror reversed. But never seen any in person but only in period photos.

Comment

Yes, SS runic tabs, even TK tabs, but to my knowledge, not rank tabs.
              http://militarycollectorshq.com/

sigpic

Comment

The seller said that the items came in a veterans lot with other SS stuff and that the tabs were probably taken off wet, discarded uniforms. They do look water-logged and warped.

I just need one salty Untersturmführer rank tab and the one on the right would look great on the tunic I'm restoring. I think the idea is that this "veteran" took tabs off some SS tunics as souvenirs. I don't think the Volkssturm used piped tabs, but who knows, maybe they could be humped up collar tabs from NSKK or something? Despite the confusing pics and forgetting the story(who knows?) are they not giving you guys warm feelings as separate pieces of insignia?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by doomtown View Post
                  The seller said that the items came in a veterans lot with other SS stuff and that the tabs were probably taken off wet, discarded uniforms. They do look water-logged and warped.

I just need one salty Untersturmführer rank tab and the one on the right would look great on the tunic I'm restoring. I think the idea is that this "veteran" took tabs off some SS tunics as souvenirs. I don't think the Volkssturm used piped tabs, but who knows, maybe they could be humped up collar tabs from NSKK or something? Despite the confusing pics and forgetting the story(who knows?) are they not giving you guys warm feelings as separate pieces of insignia?

I think what Eddie is trying to ask all you guys is for a opinion of authenticity of the tabs , for me there is a couple of red flags

Comment

Thank you Darren, sorry the post was confusing guys. I need a salty rank tab and the one on the right looked like a good candidate so I wanted to ask for some opinions on it.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                    X