Anti-Partisan armband??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anti-Partisan armband??

Saw this one for sale and was wondering what it was for? Found in an old thread labeled as an anti-partisan band from a town leader but the example I am posting is a metal insignia rather than sewn into the band. Is this identification correct?

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...leader+armband

More photos. This will be the second one I would have seen with the one in the other being a first. The band design is eye catching.... These are not my phots and are the sellers.... seems as if they were taken in the dark or with poor lighting....

Comment

Could be masonic.

Skull could be German, British, US, anything, it is the style of a German traditions skull but not the exact pattern.

Comment

usher at the Totenkopf division theater

Comment

Hello.

I'm not commenting on authenticity but possibly Freikorps related from post WW1?

Regards,
          Chris.

Comment

Originally posted by chrischa View Post
            Hello.

I'm not commenting on authenticity but possibly Freikorps related from post WW1?

Regards,
            Chris.
            I could find that very plausible

Ian

Comment

In my opinion this is an old fake ....
              Put together on a whim.
              Regards
              David

Comment

That's interesting when you put in Poperinge, which is on the other armband, a Belgian city comes up with that name.

Comment

Originally posted by John T View Post
                  That's interesting when you put in Poperinge, which is on the other armband, a Belgian city comes up with that name.
                  So it is possible it is WW2 if the grouping is a real grouping. I thought it was a fake until I remembered seeing the one with the sewn skull. It is an interesting one. What would you place a value for on this one if you saw it? something belgian german or american but I doubt american....

Comment

Didnt the Italians use some skulls looking like this?

Comment

Posted it in italian section and they said it is not italian. Need a very close to solid explination on what it is or maybe a price someone would pay if german....

Comment

This is not a Belgian collaboration piece.
                        The Poperinge armband is interesting but may not even be military or WW2.
                        It could be anything.

Comment

It ended and sold for $86 plus shipping. Still no ideas. I was thinking dutch for some time.....

Comment

Well I found out what it was. Apparently few are known to exist and I just passed one up It was for the Belgian resistance and just about all were destroyed by the gestapo. Complete opposite of anti partisan though......
                            One is now on ebay (looks to be the same one in the link) and they want $3k The one I started but post with sold for $86......

Comment

I had afriend by the name of Pierre Devos who fought with this unit during the war. Pierre was very well known to many of us here in South Florida. He would do the West Palm Beach gunshow every month and was a collector.

Pierre died a year ago but shortly before his death another friend of mine was able to purchase all his stuff. This skull was also used by them while employed by the British and was worn on a beret. His group was given British uniforms & weapons and used in rounding up collaborators and the like from 1945/47. They were vicious and eventually released from British control & disarmed because they killed more people than they brought in. Pierre even killed two of his cousins. A male cousin was executed by firing squad which Pierre ordered, and a female cousin was shot by him personally for having a German occupier boyfriend....he then threw her body to the pigs. He killed his first man at 14...and this is no BS!

During the height of the Iraq/Afgan war he would always say that what we needed to win was a division of Waffen SS. He was a very interesting man.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 2 users online. 0 members and 2 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on Yesterday.

Working...
                              X