Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Special" coverall

Hi,
    I found this coverall on the back of an airsoft gamer , what do you think about, please ? I have exchanged this with a new BW flectarn coverall! Good deal or just a fake?

what is surprising is that it does not form a coverall distributed in 1943, this looks like a job done by a different tailor, he did not cut of Hong Kong’fake !

My gut feeling is this is a 80's / 90's fake .....
    Regards
    David

Comment

tissue seems to me particularly well in this case!

Comment

Spearhead militaria, well used and abused and repaired. Spearhead's camouflage has a recognizable 'thin' ring in the pattern. Aside from the pocket flaps and pattern, being incorrect as well. You can tell the Asian repops as when aged, the pattern, is normally inkjetted and not 'impregnated' in the pattern and simply wears off the 'top' of the cloth. You can see the '6' is far too 'perfect' and far from a screen print. The back 'yoke' around the waist is also incorrect

Comment

does anyone have a real one?

would like to see photos of a real one. Were these seen at all on the West Front? Seems by '44 they had been phased out by the 2 piece camo uniform for the W-SS. Thanks Greg

Comment

Also the configuration of the chest pockets is nowhere close to an original.

Comment

nothing is as an original coverall distributed to SS panzermen! If the fabric was original one would have thought in the battlefield sewing ! Spearhead manufactures a beautiful fake, here it has not much resemblance to an original coverall.
              This is not a concern, the BW coverall had paid €40.00

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
              X