X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"This is the most rare of all the early skulls!"

Funny:

https://www.therupturedduck.com/WebPages/Misc/s550b.htm

I am an amateur when it comes to skulls, but isn't that cast?
    NEC SOLI CEDIT

Comment

Originally posted by stonemint View Post
      I am an amateur when it comes to skulls, but isn't that cast?

Me too ..... and buckles
      You could have fooled me .... How come ?
      Regards
      David

Comment

You folks are so cynical.

These are classified as “early” skulls due to the fact they’re manufactured ‘early’ in the morning which is the best time to carry out the smelting of old beer and soda cans in western Massachusetts. The finish is achieved by the addition of the wife’s used aluminum foils being repurposed after use with making/covering last night’s meatloaf. The resulting ‘alloy’ is then poured into a mold made from a cheap repro skull and the prongs (made from flattened coat-hangers) are pressed into the yet hardened alloy.

These are, given the craftsmanship, “excellent and mega-desirable” and represent a new ‘tier’ in collecting for the SS enthusiast.

These could become even more sought after where it was said the manufacturer only made a few before turning its skill to making embroidered diplomatic insignia thus are extremely rare due to their short production run.

Comment

A cast Dummkopf

Comment

thought the images should be posted lest the page be removed...
            Attached Files

Comment

Typical of that website, IMO.

Chris

Comment

I suppose we should capture the fanciful description here as well:

S-550b Early Skull for SS Visor Cap
                Direct Veteran family purchase! This is cast in heavy metal with a nickel/silver finish that remains fully intact. There is little to no visible wear to the details, which remain very crisp. I don’t see any markings on the back. The prongs are both intact and firmly secured to the skull. Excellent and mega-desirable. This is the most rare of all the early skulls! Expensive, but missing from most collections!
                $2,200.00

Comment

Originally posted by bwanek1 View Post
                  I suppose we should capture the fanciful description here as well:

S-550b Early Skull for SS Visor Cap
                  Direct Veteran family purchase! This is cast in heavy metal with a nickel/silver finish that remains fully intact. There is little to no visible wear to the details, which remain very crisp. I don’t see any markings on the back. The prongs are both intact and firmly secured to the skull. Excellent and mega-desirable. This is the most rare of all the early skulls! Expensive, but missing from most collections!
                  $2,200.00
                  thanks God it is missing from most collections

Comment

What the . . .???

Ultra-rare yes, mega-desirable no!

Comment

Typical over priced item from this dealer!

The "duck" does like to offer pricey items. Just passing through their hands adds to quality, rarity & price. Not for me!
                      Regards,
                      Dick

Comment

Looks like 'the staff' screwed up again

How long before the 'Good old Bill' brigade turn up to sing his praises ....

Comment

Where's AD Royster? He's missing an opportunity here...

Comment

Comment

If its for sale on a dealer's website it has to be good? right?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                              X