Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SS "CAMO" M-41 pattern cap

Here's one to look over.

I've had this piece quite awhile & it's entirely made of "cotton/canvas" & fairly thick. Threads are 100% Cotton & seams are nicely reinforced in their stitching. Notice - air vents are "hand-sewn" on this one.

A very nice 'reversible' camo (with a mistake in it's construction) - The 'visor' was constructed by whomever with a "double brown material" instead of a "green" camo material on the one side of the visor.

I kept this cap because of that 'mistake' (or) whomever, ran out of the "green" & just utilized what was left to complete the cap. I was told years back, that these were made "in the field" in some cases by the company tailor & that the zeltbahn & tent materials were used....The same with "repairing" their clothing. = More photos attached.

Lets hear what you've got to say
    Attached Files

More photos....

More photos attached.
    Attached Files

Comment

Last of the photos....

Ron.
      Attached Files

Comment

sorry but i have a lot of concerns here.

Comment

this one is reproduction,i rember a guy here in Germany was selling them as repro for 20 mark in 90"s

Comment

I don't like the fabric, the print pattern, or the grommets for starters.
            But these are an admittedly weak area for me, and even the perfect ones scare the hell out of me.

Comment

100% reproduction
              And pretty bad

Comment

Thanks guys!

It really is a bugger to 'know' these pieces unless you have one or two examples on hand that can be used as reference material. I have heard of pieces being "field-made" by someone in the Unit & using the Zeltbahn materials.

To me, these pieces are like the 'French' tailor....They aren't "matching" to the German "issue" & it's better-off to avoid them in the collection!

Ron.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                X