some items for comment....and opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

some items for comment....and opinions

nothing on the part not shown on the button...but is a RZM with z crossed with the line , and SS ....and 63 ....so there are 3 I have for your inspection.....and comments....either way...

I understand there was first model ss Gebirgsjager edelveis( I have never seen one) , but all of mine are the stubby types, not this pointy ....is this a fake , or an early emblem ?

and this eagle similar to a fez ....I am not really a fan of this type ...but think it deserves discussion...if anyone cares to comment.....I have a strong feeling these may be good...but I will show the item it is on....after next week sometime....I am waiting for some supposed provenance of a photo of a vet with it ....cant always tell till stuff promised like that shows up....its going to be interesting once I get to the point to see if its a story or the truth...guys gramps brought this home supposedly, he is 93 the grand son said, and still alive....anyway...lets start here and see if they are possibles or crapola....

Last edited by juoneen; 11-02-2013, 10:06 PM.

SS button looks good

Greg

Comment

THINK Eagle and Edelweiss are FAKE..Billbert

Comment

I agree with billbert,,they dont look right to me either

Greg

Comment

This is a hat that has a real thick padded pleated insides....and short brim....has no stitching on the flap from the edelveis...and insides also have no eagle stitching to the inside quilted padding...It has mothing....has been stitched in a few spots....both ways...and even has mice damage right at the button (just above to the corner of the ear flap....there is more I will show...but want to wait till I see if what he told me he had materializes.....so if you have patience....I will post all I know after...I see if the grandson turns up with it....thanks...and have at it....
          Last edited by juoneen; 11-02-2013, 11:19 PM.

Comment

something elsesupposedly brought back.. from the same guy

Last edited by juoneen; 11-02-2013, 11:05 PM.

Comment

the only inside markings ...on the mountain hat, and the other part of the button...

Last edited by juoneen; 11-02-2013, 11:09 PM.

Comment

In the description, I failed to say there are no vent holes on this hat ...I figured I would just post the luft here ....I prefer overseas hats with short leather sweat bands.......but they tell me they did mark these hats with stamps. Due to seeing so many fakes with stampings...can't say I'm a fan of those types in general....the wierd thing I noticed is this type button is usually only seen on overseas hats...but this one had the provisions for the double button...but no double button just this single...and the other thing is it appears it was made this way...as there is an extra button hole on the right side of the ear flap when folded up...to help secure it to the chin with the single button....anybody ever seen an ss skull button on the m43 mountain hat?(that has padding, with period eyelets to accomodate a single button....its almost like a conversion....and appears to me to have been done long ago....thanks again...until I see whats shakin with the photo supposedly proving it....I gotta see this , as much as some others may also...then I will do the reveal...then you can really whip it good if its bogus....
                Last edited by juoneen; 11-02-2013, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by billbert View Post
                  THINK Eagle and Edelweiss are FAKE..Billbert

I'd go with that too .....
                  Regards
                  David

Comment

Originally posted by Stossgruppe3 View Post
                    I'd go with that too .....
                    Regards
                    David
                    Me too

No definition where the feet should be, wrong head and chest area detail and holes around the yellow centre of the edelweiss are my reasons.

Ian

Comment

I will post the hat in the cloth hat section today asap, and you can comment on the hat itself....then later in the next week if the promised information surfaces...I will add that to both threads...thanks again...I appreciate even the negative comments...I felt the same way...as the rest ...button is alright...cloth questionable,.... so let's see if the hat itself cuts the mustard.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X