Wewelsburg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by münster View Post
    Yes, the only reason I took him in was everything was well guarded behind plastic. Did you climb the Geotopes at externsteins? I opted to go looking for steinpils on the hills.
    Steinpils? That's new to me - what are they? Yes, we climbed in and out of everything at that place. Met a few Hippies in the parking lot, and had Lunch together - they had a pet wolf . . . and my Wife wants one now. Maybe we should do another topic on Die Externsteine? We made it over to Geseke to do some hunting for Hexenturms . . . and actually found one, way out in the middle of a farm field. The one in town was cool, but we had a better time at the Schutzenfest that day . . . doing a "Dion"
    [did you know that smilie is named after you?]
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Toncar View Post
      thanks N.C. , was the tower to the left ( Bartlel home) added after the War ?
      jim toncar
      Yeah, Jim - I believe it was added after the war. I'll go back through pics - there was a placard nearby explaining it's significance, but I can't recall now what it mentioned. I think it had something to do with the fellow these gathering places are named after. We were able to get inside an take few photos - I'll have to try and post them too.

Comment

Yes, I earned that smilie.

Steinpils are wild mushrooms and not the Grateful Dead kind. It is season right now and I collect them for cooking. That area is prime for it. Next weekend I will take my son to the air force base I grew up on which the flightline is abandoned now to look at old cold war stuff and look for TR items at some local flea markets, alsolook for stein pils.
        Iam Uncle Sam
        That’s who Iam
        Been hiding out
        In a rock and roll band

Comment

Went to both those sites. I do believe the last owner of The Hoff told me the bench carvings in the resturant are repros because there was a fire in there like in the 70s and the originals were destroyed.
          >?
          The fire was in '97 and only in the top floors.

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
            The fire was in '97 and only in the top floors.
            Thanks for info.
            Iam Uncle Sam
            That’s who Iam
            Been hiding out
            In a rock and roll band

Comment

Cultural item
              Nice to see another fine SS wedding plate!

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                Nice to see another fine SS wedding plate!
                Indeed. Some can be viewed in a museum . . . I keep my original [?] in the "Loo" for all to enjoy!
                Attached Files

Comment

View from the biergarten, and of the Gasthaus, at Pension Alte Mühle . . .

Down in the Alme valley, below the schloss - would provide a good "base camp" for exploring the area. The Frau treats her guest quite well, and is a wonderful conversationalist . . .

Attached Files

Comment

Manor Böddeken [now called Good Böddeken?] is close by . . . while the farm is still in opration, we were told the Manor House is now used as a boarding school . . .
                    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting exhibit in the Terror museum . . .
                      Attached Files

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X