No announcement yet.

2 SS sleeve eagles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the second sleeve eagle looks to be an original early style.

Comment

E.Reitz or Reitz buckle ???

Originally posted by NickG View Post
      We're those buckles worn by E.Reitz or by Reitz?
      In other words the parent German clothing company in Wuppertal or the Antwerp (Merksem) Belgian affiliate?
      They weren't worn by either of them !
      The "Reitz werkschutz" buckle is indeed of Belgian manufacture, but all members of the werkschutz I interviewed were wearing their "regular" uniforms of Vlaamsche Wacht, SS Vlaanderen, DM/ZB.
      There even were members of the Flemish division of the NSB that lived in Antwerp and had to perform guard duties in factories in Flanders, they all kept wearing their NSB or WA uniforms !

So the buckle was probably ordered by Erich Reitz by the Belgian company that made all other "Belgian made" buckles....but so far no photograpic , written or oral proof exists that they were actually worn on guard duty at the E.Reitz or Reitz companies.
      As far as the cloth insignia are concerned , I refer to my website www.ereitzuniformwerke.be
      The E.Reitz company never made insignia themselves ( apart from shouldeourboards !) the buyer (mostly a Bekleidungsamt) had to provide for them.

If you can read and understand Dutch, then it is useful to read my articles about E.Reitz and the NSB collaborators in the Militaria Belgica yearbook , also see my website for more info on that matter.
      Interested in all E. Reitz Uniformwerke items.

Comment

Top one is a nice Flemish eagle as you know,
        believed to be produced at 'la nominette'.

The other one is thought to be a French made example,
        but same as Ian, I'm not a fan of those....

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
        X