Opinions on these pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opinions on these pieces

A friend of mine brought a tunic over with the folowing insignia. I told him that I would post the following pictures and ask you for opinions.

While the tunic is an original early Wehrmacht style walking out tunic with white piping down the front I told my friend that IMO all the insignia has been added post-war.

The questions now become is any of the insignia original. I have my opinions but would like yours too.

The first bit of insignia is the SS bullion tab. It has quite a bit of oxidation to the bullion.

The next piece is the rank tab. The tab is that of a Hauptsturmführer and looks like a cat gotta hold of it and used it for a scratching post. None of the pips match on this tab.

The next is an Old Fighters chevron.

The next piece is the sleeve eagle.

Finally, is the cuff title. It's an EM RZM embroidered "Wiking" cuff title that looks like is been stained from something.

I would show you close-ups of the shoulder boards, but I didn't have enough time to photograph them.

The final photo is a picture of the tunic itself.

p.s.- Please no jokes about it being a barn find.
    Last edited by herrgeezer; 10-17-2004, 03:05 PM.

Hi David, I would agree with you about the tunic, which is a shame. The only bit of insignia I think is any good is the old fighter chrevron.

Cheers, Ade.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
    X