MilitariaPlaza

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who saw the named field grey tunic for a LAH officer at the max show ?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's obvious that Singer knew the whole wrapper was fake when he admitted about the insignia not being original aplied.

Comment

This is a very old game here, the same person has several different titles and groups of crooks work together to pass fake SS items to the unsuspecting by authenticating the items on this forum. If someone can find the old thread involving the fake SS visor that was "authenticated" by the "Dr" and caused quite a fuss when he was exposed as the owner and faker in chief . Once exposed as a crook he said he was going to quit the forum which caused much hand-wringing about the loss of his "great knowledge" to our community. The question I always had was did he really quit, or just change his name?

Comment

Who are you talking about? I Think you mean the thread about the Black SS Generals visor ? Different person not Distelhorst but Abenheim ? He is over at another forum now where they do not allow negative critique of anything that is not blatantly obvious....nor do they allow investigative inquiry lest you be labeled un-gentlemanly.....and immediately censored.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
          Who are you talking about? I Think you mean the thread about the Black SS Generals visor ? Different person not Distelhorst but Abenheim ??

Yes it was the SS generals visor , can you find it?

Comment

No, in fact I can't find the threads about my Wiesenbock tunic or the Thule tunic either they seem to have just vanished.

Comment

look up " SS Officer Converted M43 Tunic " some familiar names involved..

Comment

Originally posted by rob NL View Post
                It's obvious that Singer knew the whole wrapper was fake when he admitted about the insignia not being original aplied.
                Hey, Bryon is a long time friend of mine. When he purchased that wrap we were kids, just out of college. It came from a collector turned full time dealer (now retired) who had unknowingly purchased it from the "creator" in Arizona. Everyone drooled over it, everyone wanted it, even the biggies who are reading this thread. I saw it back then and was one of the believers.

When Bryon sold it, I defended it based on my last seeing it 30 years ago. I was wrong. I admit it.

Bryon was wrong and he admitted it. He even did the noble thing and made sure it would never be passed on to any unsuspecting collector. Does he get any credit from you perfect people for doing that? Hell no. He just keeps getting beat up by the same conspiracy hounds.

Damn if you do, damn if you don't...you guys are never satisfied.

Comment

Who are you talking about? I Think you mean the thread about the Black SS Generals visor ? Different person not Distelhorst but Abenheim ? He is over at another forum now where they do not allow negative critique of anything that is not blatantly obvious....nor do they allow investigative inquiry lest you be labeled un-gentlemanly.....and immediately censored.

FYI, Abenheim called himself a "Doctor" and the other guy was Bob Coleman. As I recall it was a fake $15,000 SS visor cap that was spotted as fake by Kane and owned by Coleman who pretended to be the third party appraiser and authentication expert.

I found this form 2006 :

Originally Posted by ddoering
                  I've followed all these threads and it amazes me that the issue of originality is brushed aside as unimportant. The originality or lack thereof was the key issue of the threads, not the personalities involved. I don't like to see anyone get drug through the mud but I've also learned lately, and much to my chagrin and loss, that even the experts make mistakes. The real question is whether and how they own up to them. Whether you like it or not, Dave questioned what he found to be a dubious item in an attempt to save some poor schmuck some big bucks. Said item has since disappeared without a final resolution and many of the people involved have taken the 5th. When that happens it leaves people speculating. What happened to the rule: An item must stand on it's own merit? Isn't the item what this should all be about?
                  The other part of these threads that has amazed me is the indignation displayed by some that laypersons would dare to express thier opinions. We aren't worthy (picture Wayne and Garth here). The last I saw every member of this forum is allowed to express their opinion here. They can also expect others to do the same as I'm sure they will when they read this.
                  Bottomline: It is about the item, real or not? The world wonders.

Originally Posted by dhunter93
                  You are right on! Some in this thread either did not read the original post or they are trying to change the subject. THE WHOLE ISSUE IS (AND WAS) OVER THE $15,000 VISOR CAP! As soon as the evidence mounted that the cap was fake and Donald was supposedly the owner, as well as the "third party" verifier the thread was pulled. I think the thread should have stayed up, pulling it only makes the whole site look bad. It is sad that feelings were hurt but lets all be real, this was all about saving some poor collector from getting screwed !!!!!!
                  Last edited by dhunter93; 11-04-2013, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Bryon admitted it in that thread and that tunic situation really has nothing to do with him except the chain of custody....I also know that you had nothing to do with the Panzer wrap except being a witness to its chain of custody.

Tom....I have a question for you. Are you highly skilled in sewing and tailoring or not ?

People talk maybe because they want a clean hobby even though it's kind of late for that with all the worked up stuff out there. I knew this guy named Fred Seeber he once opened a "Militaria" store that was for re-enactors in Bellflower California. It didn't last long but I would stop by after the monthly Bellflower show to talk to him. He was a genuine enthusiast but he revealed to me that he had done all the stitching work on the tunic Paxton ripped me off with and he told me he had done work for others including big "untouchable" names. He sat there putting together an Afrika corps tunic as he talked to me. There are a few who do this work in California we had a couple who always attended the old Bellflower show, how about you Tom are you the go to guy in the Midwest?

No crime in it a couple of our Italian collectors have done great work with a sewing machine...

What disturbs me is the attempts to bring in high dollar amounts with the finished products.

Comment

This thread seems to have been a test...wonder who the guy from Iowa was he seems to have a limited amount of posts.

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...rted+M43+Tunic

Comment

Originally posted by tgn View Post
                        Hey, Bryon is a long time friend of mine. When he purchased that wrap we were kids, just out of college. It came from a collector turned full time dealer (now retired) who had unknowingly purchased it from the "creator" in Arizona. Everyone drooled over it, everyone wanted it, even the biggies who are reading this thread. I saw it back then and was one of the believers.

When Bryon sold it, I defended it based on my last seeing it 30 years ago. I was wrong. I admit it.

Bryon was wrong and he admitted it. He even did the noble thing and made sure it would never be passed on to any unsuspecting collector. Does he get any credit from you perfect people for doing that? Hell no. He just keeps getting beat up by the same conspiracy hounds.

Damn if you do, damn if you don't...you guys are never satisfied.

Hey Tommy, Thanks !

But you know what, NO MATTER what you, me, or anybody will say about that coat, it will never be enough; it will keep being brought up as a testament to how little some “experts” really know.

It has taken on a life of its own here on the WAF

Best,
                        Bryon

Comment

Bryon admitted it in that thread and that tunic situation really has nothing to do with him except the chain of custody....I also know that you had nothing to do with the Panzer wrap except being a witness to its chain of custody.

Tom....I have a question for you. Are you highly skilled in sewing and tailoring or not ?

People talk maybe because they want a clean hobby even though it's kind of late for that with all the worked up stuff out there. I knew this guy named Fred Seeber he once opened a "Militaria" store that was for re-enactors in Bellflower California. It didn't last long but I would stop by after the monthly Bellflower show to talk to him. He was a genuine enthusiast but he revealed to me that he had done all the stitching work on the tunic Paxton ripped me off with and he told me he had done work for others including big "untouchable" names. He sat there putting together an Afrika corps tunic as he talked to me. There are a few who do this work in California we had a couple who always attended the old Bellflower show, how about you Tom are you the go to guy in the Midwest?

No crime in it a couple of our Italian collectors have done great work with a sewing machine...

What disturbs me is the attempts to bring in high dollar amounts with the finished products.
                          This thread continues to be an eye opener.

Comment

What an incredible "test" thread. Himmler would be proud.

Comment

Originally posted by B. N. Singer View Post
                              Hey Tommy, Thanks !

But you know what, NO MATTER what you, me, or anybody will say about that coat, it will never be enough; it will keep being brought up as a testament to how little some “experts” really know.

It has taken on a life of its own here on the WAF

Best,
                              Bryon
                              Quite right........but one you created .

Most curious that " I could entertain a doubt" never crossed your mind w/ that "piece"
                              Cheers Steve

Comment

Originally posted by Tony T-S View Post
                                What an incredible "test" thread.
                                That thread should be read by anyone interested in this one.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 0 user online. 0 members and 0 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                                X