Best
    Jarek
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

?

Comment

Hi,

You can also check the "SS poster" topic if you have other posters that need to be checked.

See You

Vince

Comment

It looks ok to me...

This is one of the most common SS Posters around. The ones with the address details printed along the orange strip are generally considered fakes, the blank ones such as you have are legit...

They are usually listed for sale at around $400 - $700 USD...

There was a guy selling 6 of these on the E-Stand just a few weeks ago.

Look over the Hauptsturmführer's shoulder.

As Vince has said, this would be better moved into the SS Poster thread...

Last edited by Max Wünsche; 09-13-2013, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I can't see anything wrong with it either.

Was there a particular problem you had with it??

Comment

Originally posted by Max Wünsche View Post
              The ones with the address details printed along the orange strip are generally considered fakes, the blank ones such as you have are legit...

They
              better to say... are original but with postwar address details.

Comment

Hi,

no, the ones with the addresses are FULL FAKES, with crapy paper (of course not passing the test of the Blacklight), wrong size, crapy printing, and the text is NOT printed over the orange strip.
                Two variants of the fakes exist, check the SS poster topic.
                The most common has the "Ersatzkommando Frankreich" parisian address, and is folded in four. The other one (with the same address) is a fantasy reprint with the address centered.

The only original known is the "Nancy" address one pictured in the "Brigade Frankreich" book by Jean Mabire. And i saw it and compared it "live" with the original and the "Ersatzkommando Frankreich" fake. For now only one copy is known to exist.

In my opinion, the fakes with the parisian address were copied from the Nancy poster, using the Mabire book. Therefore they were probably done after the release of the first edition, after 1973. The fonts used for the parisian fake is not the one used for the Nancy one...

I'm still working on the subject, and i hope to know more in the next months...

The blank orange strip poster can be found from 150 up to 250/300 Euros, depending on the condition.

The six posters are gone and safe ^_^

See You

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by FrenchVolunteer View Post
                  Hi,

no, the ones with the addresses are FULL FAKES, with crapy paper (of course not passing the test of the Blacklight), wrong size, crapy printing, and the text is NOT printed over the orange strip.
                  Two variants of the fakes exist, check the SS poster topic.
                  The most common has the "Ersatzkommando Frankreich" parisian address, and is folded in four. The other one (with the same address) is a fantasy reprint with the address centered.

The only original known is the "Nancy" address one pictured in the "Brigade Frankreich" book by Jean Mabire. And i saw it and compared it "live" with the original and the "Ersatzkommando Frankreich" fake. For now only one copy is known to exist.

In my opinion, the fakes with the parisian address were copied from the Nancy poster, using the Mabire book. Therefore they were probably done after the release of the first edition, after 1973. The fonts used for the parisian fake is not the one used for the Nancy one...

I'm still working on the subject, and i hope to know more in the next months...

The blank orange strip poster can be found from 150 up to 250/300 Euros, depending on the condition.

The six posters are gone and safe ^_^

See You

Vince
                  Good Lord - did you buy all six copies Vince? Planning on using them as wallpaper or something?

Comment

Hi,

well i wanted to keep half of them, but finally i only kept 2. The other 4 are for a close friend.
                    I will try to make a nice picture of 8 (!) posters together (+ the fake).

I have pictures of the Nancy one, but for now i still miss some infos.

See You

Vince

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                      X