• Show
Clear All

Bullion eagle help

What do you guys think of this one
    another Sieder fake or ?

thanks

Mike
    Attached Files

Very well made but by what I can see here I would have to say no, it's a repro. Very nicely done as most are these days. The problem is the artist strives to hard for perfection...now I could be wrong and it's a perfect mint example with no RZM tag and no age whatsoever.

Comment

though call

Comment

Originally posted by Robert H View Post
        though call
        My thoughts exactly ... these things are rapidly becoming untouchable.

Comment

I have an issue when I do not see exposed cardboard or even slight oxidizing or exposed yellowed threads. So yes it is a tough call but these days I would only settle for the nicely aged examples .

Comment

I agree with the others ....
            But my gut feeling is this a one off a very good repro.
            Its in mint condition and to sparkly for me even with 60 years of touching a lone would leave it's mark .... Yes a touch call indeed
            Regards
            David

Comment

What does the back look like?

Comment

bogus

I say Bad News Bears.

Comment

Good copy ! I think it's a bad one.

Comment

When it is too hard to say then why make the call ??? .

Some of these you just have to have in hand these days, there is simply no other way. One can not make a final conclusion based on a computer images alone.

Here is a battle worn example along the lines that John says he likes to compare with. Same maker or not ?

Chris
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by 90th Light; 09-14-2013, 12:00 AM.

Comment

And seeing as no-one likes mint shiny examples any longer.

What is the feeling about this one ???

Chris
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                        Very well made but by what I can see here I would have to say no, it's a repro. Very nicely done as most are these days. The problem is the artist strives to hard for perfection...now I could be wrong and it's a perfect mint example with no RZM tag and no age whatsoever.
                        .....And came from a believable Vet/Family.

Jack
                        Last edited by Jack D.; 09-14-2013, 12:28 AM.

Comment

right thing is always to follow the instinct, and my instinct says no and was never wrong with it

Comment

Chriss,
                            I wouldnt say your two eagles are made by the same maker as the eagle that started this thread, as there are very distinct differences in the manufacturing of your eagles compared to the other eagle.
                            As example, your inner wing feathers are two strands of bullion side-by-side where as on the eagle that started this thread the inner wing feathers are defined by black thread crossing over multiple strands of bullion to give the same effect.

I can't and won't comment as to the originality of the eagle that started this thread, I only can say that the eagles Chris posted are different in manufacturing technique to it.

Brett

Comment

Thanks Brett,

I think you are right on the money and I was wondering if someone might notice that as well as some other pointers

Just so there is no confusion with your post, I think you meant your first sentence to read as

" I wouldnt say your two eagles are NOT made by the same maker as the eagle that started this thread"

Hopefully I have that right,

Chris

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X