No announcement yet.

SS M43 cap in Italian Material for opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That rayon HBT lining is very common in late War Italian made caps. I I once owned aa ItalIam made LW styke Bustina lined with this material.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 90th Light View Post
      >>> The thing I am looking for, is a 101% example with the double line of stitching at the top of the fold down flap. The cap which started this has a double line. Where as the original Berven - Padova cap that I have posted images of, only has a single line of stitching. >>>
      I am also wondering if Berven - Padova is one company or a LAGO type of situation where the work was contracted/ sub-contracted out to various companies and cottage industries in the Padova region. If we have a LAGO or sub-contracted situation, then that would explain some of the variations in Berven - Padova products, Chris
      My Berven-Padova marked cap has a single line of stitching.
      Berven (an acronym for Berrettificio Veneto) was a well established company in Padua downtown. They manufactured headgear for the Royal Italian military as well, my grandpa had his field cap made by them in June 1940 and I can even compare the maker markings over the years. Stitching may vary on production runs.
      MP

Comment

Originally posted by Felix View Post
        Does not look good
        I agree I don't like the cap that started this thread. Has anyone ever seen any original Padova cap made of Italian gabardine?

Comment

Originally posted by Disco Partisan View Post
          I agree I don't like the cap that started this thread. Has anyone ever seen any original Padova cap made of Italian gabardine?

Yes

Comment

Can you post a picture?

Comment

Can you post a picture?

No sorry. I will not spend my energy searching my files for saved Pictures.

People like you have made me stop posting Pictures at WAF. I seldom partipicate here at all anymore.

Im sure some other members have Pictures who still enjoy posting here.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasse.M View Post
                No sorry. I will not spend my energy searching my files for saved Pictures.

People like you have made me stop posting Pictures at WAF. I seldom partipicate here at all anymore.

Im sure some other members have Pictures who still enjoy posting here.
                because there are no original Padova m43 caps made from Italian gabardine

Comment

Sadly, you appear to be wrong about this. They made them out of Italian Gabardine for the Waffen SS. Have a look for yourself;

http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...ghlight=Berven

Not many were found among the Statni Film Studio caps but there was one or two or three in that hoard,

Chris

Comment

Not convinced

Comment

Not convinced
                      May be not but many will not worry about that. This post number 19 on that linked thread says it all;

Originally posted by jimt View Post
                      so what are your concerns about this M.43 ?
                      From a wise collector of many years, who has handled more original SS caps/ items than most will ever get the chance to see in a lifetime,

Chris

Comment

Original M43 caps are rare especially Waffen SS but thanx to some like you on the waf we see "original" m43s a new dozen per day

Comment

Original M43 caps are rare especially Waffen SS but thanx to some like you on the waf we see "original" m43s a new dozen per day
                          Correct, post number 38 shows an original "Berven", Padova Waffen SS M43 cap made from Italian gabardine.

I appreciate your acknowledgement of my help on this point

Chris

Comment

Humble in your opinion as Always.

Thats a bold statement, you have vast knowledge in Padova manufactured caps i presume? Why dont you share some of your knowledge and maybe post a couple of caps yourself?

Im sorry but I think you are terribly wrong...

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 11 users online. 0 members and 11 guests.

Most users ever online was 8,717 at 11:48 PM on 01-11-2024.

Working...
                            X