SS VT Cap Gottlieb Auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T.K. View Post
    4K for the two DE eagles seems also a very good price to me since they are rare stuff!
    I had them on my watch list (along with some more items), but since I had made a purchase elsewhere just a couple weeks ago, I settled for the NSDAP Orts level flag from Weiden. These are unique and though it's not in pristine condition, it's well worth the high bid.

Comment

The Weiden Flag was in my in my mind as well to purchase. Absolute fair purchaser price. I know the city quite well in the Oberpfalz.

Comment

4K for the two DE eagles seems also a very good price to me since they are rare stuff!
        I wonder if those were damaged during the III Reich.If you look in Ulrics DE book on page 82 you can see a very similar eagle.Perhaps they just cut off the damaged one.If they could speak. It would be interesting to see what becomes of them.Could perhaps make one from both but they will never be more original than they are now.

Comment

Erratic pricing is the hallmark of an auction. Some things go for cheap, others go for way over their expected market value. An auction is what someone is willing to pay THAT DAY for something.

As for the software, I FREQUENTLY suggest placing a proxy bid and letting the software run its course. It avoids the "last minute jam" when thousands of people are trying to place bids simultaneously. The alternative ... a huge server to handle the increasing traffic ... is currently not feasible due to the cost associated with such an upgrade.

Another alternative is to stagger the categories to end in 10 minute intervals. What do you guys think of that? This way, if you DO wish not to use the proxy bidding system that we have in place, you can go from category to category.

Comment

Is it possible to see a pic of the Weiden flag?
            Kind regards
            Uli

Comment

"DE eagles" ???

4K for the two DE eagles seems also a very
              good price to me since they are rare stuff!
              T.K.:
              What did the "DE eagles" look like?

OLDFLAGSWANTED
              (My Gladiator Eagle)
              sigpic
              .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Originally posted by oldflagswanted View Post
                T.K.:
                What did the "DE eagles" look like?

OLDFLAGSWANTED
                (My Gladiator Eagle)
                Being not a flag guy I apologize if I wasn't correct enough into describe such a pieces.
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by H-U Rudel View Post
                  Is it possible to see a pic of the Weiden flag?
                  Kind regards
                  Uli
                  In the flags section: http://dev.wehrmacht-awards.com/foru...9&postcount=18

Comment

Thanks !!!

Being not a flag guy I apologize if I wasn't
                    correct enough into describe such a pieces.
                    Hello T.K.:
                    Thanks !!! I recall these from the ThirdReichArts site.

OFW
                    (below) As cited elsewhere online...
                    Deutschland Erwacht Poletops ( Gahr )
                    "The most desirable and prestigious of all flags or banners is of course
                    the D.E. Parts for these can be out of reach for most collectors and a full
                    rig is off the charts. These however are unusual as not only are there a
                    pair but the veteran who bought them home from Germany after giving
                    them a beating proceeded to cut them and make a set of bookends, I
                    wish he did not do that but such is life. The two finials were cut at the
                    top of the roundel and screw mounted to two pieces of ebony board.
                    Each bird has its own damage and I did not take detailed photos as they
                    are what they are and while I understand these can be restored, they
                    are just honest casualties of war. The firm of Otto and Karolina Gahr
                    would be responsible for the manufacture of these, this prestigious firm
                    manufactured and designed some of the most significant artifacts during
                    the period inclusive of the SS Honor Ring, various pole tops, and of course
                    they were the jeweler of Himmler and the SS with a wide array of high end
                    pieces of pagan style. While I do like nice minty things as much as the next
                    guy, these are so dam rare that I grabbed them just the same. Someone is
                    going to have to want these for what they are and enjoy them..."

(below-2) These may also be Gahr Shop samples, i.e., always that way. OFW

Attached Files
                    Last edited by oldflagswanted; 09-09-2013, 06:43 AM.
                    sigpic
                    .......^^^ .................... some of my collection ...................... ^^^...

Comment

Old flags- do you remember the sale price from that website?
                      At 4K they seem like an incredible deal, even in the condition

Comment

4K is a joke for these.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorsten B. View Post
                          4K is a joke for these.

Please explain Thorsten, a joke -what way ;]

Comment

What is it worth ???

Originally posted by Jon Fish View Post
                            Old flags- do you remember the sale price from that website?
                            At 4K they seem like an incredible deal, even in the condition
                            Hello JF:
                            Sorry no. But site did say: "I am not interesting in splitting
                            these up and from a valuation standpoint these are more
                            than difficult for me but I can't reach into market and buy
                            anything Gahr for less than 1500.00 never mind D.E related
                            items and here are two birds."

OFW
                            PS/ IMO the recent DE eagles are pretty cool, as sometimes I like
                            fragment parts to rare standards more than full mint examples.

Back in 1997 another relic DE example walked by my Pamona Great
                            Western Show table, but was quickly purchased down the table
                            row for $2,000.00 USD.
                            (below) That same fragment DE top offered again online in 2004.
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by oldflagswanted; 09-09-2013, 04:43 PM.
                            sigpic

Comment

I emailed Kris when these appeared on his site about the pricing, as he listed initially with no price. He was unsure of pricing himself but he emailed me back and I think they were around this mark. I remember thinking too that it wasn't a bad price. But I didn't manage to pull the trigger.

Comment

What is the difference between the History Hunter auction and You List It auction, and can anyone consign to the History Hunter auction?

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                                X