No announcement yet.

SS-BW HBT Wrap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, the fakers are really good. If the tunic is good it could easliy net, 5 to 7 thousand USD ! Nice chunk of change for a jacket.

Always be very careful of SS items !

Comment

Yes, always lots of money at stake.

Comment

well even though its been poo pooed
        Attached Files

Comment

last ones
          Attached Files

Comment

I had one years ago, that was the same in materials and buttons, but made mixed wh/ ss design( straight cut front, no backseam, but with the heer style breastpocket, and with the exact same type of paper label) and with matching trousers, also with the heer style leg pocket!
            they was deemed fake too, because of the mixed pattern and the ssbw stamp !
            honestly I would save my Money for something more reliable! but that is just my opinion

Comment

I had one as well with a pocket and stamped SS-BW Posen it had the remains of a large paper tag inside the pocket which also reflected it was made in Posen Bekleidungswerk for the SS. The wrap had original enlisted TK tab and a Hammerhead Eagle with Artillery boards.

Comment

Originally posted by John Pic View Post
                I had one as well with a pocket and stamped SS-BW Posen it had the remains of a large paper tag inside the pocket which also reflected it was made in Posen Bekleidungswerk for the SS. The wrap had original enlisted TK tab and a Hammerhead Eagle with Artillery boards.
                and it was fake? i dont know a lot abaut SS but Posen was a depot/maker for Polizei item.

Comment

BTW John Pic,

I Pvt Msg'd you on the assault gunner. Not this one. It was resolved to be a very high end fake !

Comment

IMO given the hbt weave, apparent thickness and the tag, reproduction. P.S. this tag and slight variations have been around on other fake Heer/luft hbt items since the mid 90's.

Comment

No I did not think the one I had was a fake nor was it Polizei and it was more of a Grey color than this one. When I offered it for sale back around 1986 it sold very quickly and was never seen again to my knowledge.

Comment

BTT. I was wondering what Owen thought? Is the HBT material typical SS weave?

Comment

There was no special SS weave

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 3 users online. 0 members and 3 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                          X