Vet Haul!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by the red baron View Post
    thanks, yes the grip is the nicest i've ever found and the whole dagger is just impeccable. Its a nice study as well, normally i only see this quality on early daggers and transitionals; i've never seen such nice, thick plating or perfect grip fits on such a blade. Same with the blade and its darkening.
    Nice stuff, thanks for sharing !!!

Below my 1939 blade...
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Pascal Bernhard; 09-03-2013, 01:07 PM.
    Straßburger / When in doubt do without...
    - Looking for : SS TK «Oberbayern» flatwire CT.

Comment

preservative factors question

Hello Red Baron,
      could you describe in detail what type of coverings and materials were used to protect the dagger in the locker (and material of the locker itself) . I am interested in them as your dagger is so well preserved. The materials used in storage might be good to copy by us modern collectors perhaps?

As an aside, this was not stored in some dry desert climate was it?

Comment

The scenario: a hot summer day in the midwest, parking lot of a Quicktrip gas station.

The trunk was just a big, probably 3.5ft long trunk with a removable top shelf. The trunk looked to be made of metal and possibly some kind of wood for the walls. The dagger was stored in a really thick old wool sock just sitting on the top shelf of the case. there were also trinkets, lots of old keys, US medal bars and pins and the luft breast eagle and IAB. When the shelf was removed crud and the helmet were sitting in the lower portion.

Not much else! The trunk had been in the garage of a small, small town in the middle of no where missouri.

Enjoy.

Comment

Great find, Stunning piece

Comment

That dagger....you dog !!!!

Comment

The Dagger is magnificent !

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
              X