Vet Acquired "Der Fuhrer" Cuff Title Opinions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vet Acquired "Der Fuhrer" Cuff Title Opinions

I recently acquired this title in an 80th Division vet grouping, along w/ his US insignia an HJ arm band etc. It was pinned inside an ancient display frame. I got this group directly from his daughter, and feel the title is an original. Would appreciate expert opinions though, as these are not my thing.
    Attached Files

A very fine and worn original.

Ian

Comment

I agree IAN
      perfect BEVO
      best regards
      TEDDY

Comment

Agree-one looker original.

Comment

I agree as well! Nice original. Is there signs of being uniform removed, such as stitch holes etc?

Comment

Df

quite original , but " I would love to see a picture of this one being worn"

Comment

Thanks for the feedback! The title appears to be un sewn, and is a full length, folded over on itself. It has been folded like that for a very long time. The vet served in the 80th ID, and was from Corbin KY
              Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Nice and quite rare, too!

Comment

..a picture of the whole group. I removed the items from their home made display frame. The US DUIs are beautiful German made examples. The CIB , collar brass and ribbons typical WWII issue...
                    Attached Files

Comment

Here is the back of the US DUI. These were made for US troops during the very early occupation era...
                      Attached Files

Comment

A great average soldier, I don't mean that in a negative way but not everyone was 101st band of brothers etc, lots of very ordinary infantrymen who carried Garands and did what they had to, I really enjoyed your sharing of these photos and the story they tell, albeit brief, of this fellows service. I wish I could sit down with him and hear about where and how the CT was acquired.....I am sure, he, like so many others, had a very unique and interesting perspective and experience that is now lost to time.

Comment

Originally posted by ValhallaMilitaria View Post
                          A great average soldier, I don't mean that in a negative way but not everyone was 101st band of brothers etc, lots of very ordinary infantrymen who carried Garands and did what they had to, I really enjoyed your sharing of these photos and the story they tell, albeit brief, of this fellows service. I wish I could sit down with him and hear about where and how the CT was acquired.....I am sure, he, like so many others, had a very unique and interesting perspective and experience that is now lost to time.
                          Well stated...thanks!

Comment

Here is another one...happy times at the end of the war! The 80th ID ended up in Austria. a fact the GIs must have appreciated!
                            Attached Files

Comment

Very nice cuffband!! And thanks for sharing the rest of the grouping.

Comment

Users Viewing this Thread

Collapse

There are currently 5 users online. 0 members and 5 guests.

Most users ever online was 10,032 at 08:13 PM on 09-28-2024.

Working...
                              X